What is a good book about knife work?

D

Deleted member 27861

You know, I got to thinking, the knife is a fundamental tool.

Not only is it a weapon, but it's also a tool. As a matter as fact, I would even argue that it is more of a tool than it is a weapon. Unless we're talking about a Bowie knife that thing's a fuckin weapon, primarily, there's no way around that. Even though it too can be a tool.

But from the knife, you can make so many other tools. You can split a tree branch a bit and wedge a rock into it, and you've got a hammer, an axe, or even a hoe. You can strap a knife to a branch, and have a spear, or somehow use the knife to gather plant fiber and make a bow, or make clothes out of plant fiber. You can strike a knife against flint, and create a fire from the sparks.

What I'm saying is, if a knife already has that many uses, then I wonder what else it can be used for? Does anyone know of any books about uses for a knife?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads