what instruments do you play and in what musical styles? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

what instruments do you play and in what musical styles?

Honey Crust

Reaction score
Website
flowercrownmeaqueen.bandcamp.com
I play guitar and sing in a solo folk punk dealio called Flower Crown Me A Queen.
Wrote, played, and recorded and mixed guitars, bass, and programmed drums for my garage/ska/stoner rock/pop punk side project Shredded Velvet.
I’m currently playing bass in Rotten Reputation, a punk band from Denver, CO, and I was playing drums for Ludlow, a folk punk band, last year.

Started playing drums nine years ago, was heavy into pop punk, ska, Oi!, and skate punk when I was younger. Picked up guitar around the same time I discovered folk punk and I’ve been jamming with my classical nylon string acoustic for about five years now.

I can also play washboard, washtub bass, ukulele, and I’m currently learning singing saw and banjo!

D

Deleted member 24579

I play banjo in the old time (or mountain) style. Back in the early 80s, I taught myself how to play from a book that was published in the 1970s called "Clawhammer Banjo."

D

Deleted member 24579

First one I learned was flute. Then sax. Mostly jazz. Play guitar and sing too....been learning more classical and finger picking tunes these days. And folky stuff. Just got a fiddle to start learning bluegrass on too. Decent on didgeridoo too

Hey, I've got a Cattle Dog, too! He's next to me right now
IMG_20181204_152742-EFFECTS.jpg
growling at raccoons.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, I've got a Cattle Dog, too! He's next to me right now View attachment 49280 growling at raccoons.
They are such great dogs aren't they? Heelers are my favorite breed by far. Ours look pretty similar in the face!

D

Deleted member 24579

They are such great dogs aren't they? Heelers are my favorite breed by far. Ours look pretty similar in the face!

Yeah, they do look similar. I got him from the San Luis Obispo shelter, but I think he was originally from a breeder in the Hemet-Riverside County area..

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I play the washboard. Along with that, I accompany with vocals. The array of music I play consists of folk, alt-rock, blues, punk, old time country, and classic rock.

Reactions: AAAutin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads