what are you striving for?

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
When asked what I wanted to do when I grew up my thought was jet fighter pilot and hobo. Well I worked on helicopters and flew in a few while in military. I am now a well seasoned traveler even if never hoping a train. So I basically accomplished those goals.

When I got out of the military I wanted to learn to be a professional nomad. I am good at that now, well weathered. The other goal is to one day build a self sufficient homestead community.

Many of you guys have the same goal. I have been studying since 2009 on technology and techniques like permaculture, aguaponics and diy off the grid power systems.

I just completed a goal of one full year traveling. Looking for long term work now to get some debts paid and try to start saving for land. But a few days ago I thought if I can't find work I may go volunteer on a place already doing off grid self sufficient community. Yesterday I found a place that just started up about 15 weeks ago and she needs volunteers. It is in NM and I got a girl in NM that wants me so... If I don't find a job for winter season then this is likely what I will do. Go to NM and work helping build what I one day hope to do.

Kinda want to get married.

Athena212

Reaction score
What an inspiring thread! Not to be redundant, but Id be happy to obtain a little patch of dirt somewhere tropical and just work the land and enjoy it till I drop. A little corner of the world just me and my kids, but a commune or something with like minded folks would be a happy thing too. All of our goals are pretty predictable lol
And obviously on the aliens...i mean come on, we are all smart enough on this site to know we can't be alone in this vast universe.

K

Keystone Ice Kid

I read a cool book ages ago called "The Watchers". The aliens were harvesting embryos and fetuses from this lady who asks "who gave you permission to do such things?" and aliens say "you did, humanity will become sterile in the future."

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads