what are some questions to avoid asking people you meet traveling? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

what are some questions to avoid asking people you meet traveling?

dprogram

Reaction score
You're overthinking this one but here's my 2 cents.
I've never had a problem asking travelers and home bums for advice. The very first time I had to sleep on the streets I just walked up to the guy who was asleep on the bench at a local school... (who I've now known for 10+ years and consider a friend) and asked him where was it safe to sleep. He gave me the advice I needed and we became lifelong friends. People can see through you and they know if you're legit. Develop those skills (takes time) but it will help you immensely in navigating this world. And always be kind. Leave situations that feel uncomfortable. It's something that definitely has to be honed. No one picks up a guitar and just knows how to play.

dprogram

Reaction score
You're overthinking this one but here's my 2 cents.
I've never had a problem asking travelers and home bums for advice. The very first time I had to sleep on the streets I just walked up to the guy who was asleep on the bench at a local school... (who I've now known for 10+ years and consider a friend) and asked him where was it safe to sleep. He gave me the advice I needed and we became lifelong friends. People can see through you and they know if you're legit. Develop those skills (takes time) but it will help you immensely in navigating this world. And always be kind. Leave situations that feel uncomfortable. It's something that definitely has to be honed. No one picks up a guitar and just knows how to play.
Just pick a bridge near the tracks

lochnessless

Reaction score
From my experience, I try to get to know the person first and share laughs before I think to ask them harder hitting questions. Feel em out and make conversation first before trying to glean any particular information.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads