What are some cheap, /low costing home remedies for female chafing in groin/upper thigh area?

Reaction score
Hello there!

If this is an appropriate thread question to be posted here, please remove. My question is what some natural remedies are to get rid of chafing that happens in between your groin and upper thigh area, (from too much sweat) its red, irritated, and has a odor, I can't afford much money to buy over the counter medication for it, I cleaned it with natural baby wipes, but it ended up bleeding. Thanks.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Aloe if it grows where you're at. Maybe someone has a bit of it growing in the flower beds in front of their house. Not to say taking things from in front of someone's house is cool but I don't think it would be a crime to snap off a couple leaves to relieve your chafing. Just don't destroy their whole plant, prune it from the bottom sides. Or better yet just ask. That could be a potential free remedy. You need to lay up for a bit and stop adding to the friction by walking. The aloe needs to dry, the last thing you need is more moisture down there when you're walking around.

Whether or not aloe is freely available I'd recommend the next steps either way;

To prevent it in the future, wear boxer briefs. You need some kind of barrier between the skin so that the friction occurs between the fabrics, not your skin. Also gold bond, baby powder can suffice but that medicated gold bond would help you more at this stage. It won't feel too great at first but the relief will come. I pour it in a clean sock and then swing the sock and more or less flog my inner thighs with the toe end of the sock filled with powder. Then just bag up that sock so that it doesn't get powder all over other items in your bag. That method seems to use less of the powder than just pouring a bunch in your hand and wiping it on your inner thighs.

roguetrader

Reaction score
it sounds like a fungal infection which I've had many times - this means you'll need something with the chemical Clotrimazole in... the tubes of cream are quite small and are free if you apply the old five finger discount...

I'm not sure what you could use for a more natural cure for this particular ailment but you could try the following mixture which my ex was recommended for ALL skin conditions - the only problem being that it is made up of essential oils which are quite expensive to buy initially - although the bottles last for years on end once you have them...

Magic Oil...

3 drops Calendula oil
3 drops Tea Tree oil
3 drops Lavender oil

Mix together in a base of 25ml of neutral oil like olive oil or sunflower oil and store in a small bottle

this has proven to work on literally every skin complaint or rash I have ever tried it on !

• Useful
Reactions: Anagor

AyeAaron

Hobocop
Reaction score
Bleeding from chafing sounds brutal, if you're doing a lot of walking you'll need to stop for a few days

I usually use vasoline, but it picks up bacteria and needs to be cleaned off frequently, for an already bleeding area it might be unhygenic.

Works better than anything to slow down or prevent chafing though

Mongo

Reaction score
I second the diaper rash cream, every time you find a bathroom with hand sanitizer dispensers with the clear kind I would suggest applying it to the area that's rubbing ( it will hurt like all hell) and apply cream after.

Dmac

Reaction score
I used to get chaffing on road marches in the army. As someone mentioned wearing boxers helps, but nothing beats a good pair of spandex biker shorts. No friction at all! Good luck and hope you are better soon.

Reactions: laughingman

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads