Weird spot on dogs skin...

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
Well, the phone lady said she didn't think they could.. I don't know.. Im gonna use the google
button on the Internet machine I guess.. She did say that a lot of dogs were having allergies right now and that could have something to do with it.

But yeah.. He has a raw spot.

UPDATE: according to petwave.com dogmas can get posing ivy and describes exactly what he looks like right now..

Thanks phone bitch

K

Kim Chee

Don't forget to take the elizabethan collar off every now and then so your dog can lick its butt. You know nothing bothers a dog more than booty/breath smell not matching.

haha. That was just to piss off AJ.

Hope your puppies recover soon.

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
A follow-up to this thread would be great. (what worked, what didn't and what the vet said) I will probably be dealing with this later on down the line since my dog's dad gets hotspots sometimes and his grandfather had such bad allergies that he eventually got put to sleep for it.

I will definitely follow up. I bought witch hazel today and I'm going to clean her up and do a few things and see how it looks later tonight/tomorrow and I will update. Thanks again everyone.

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Well, the phone lady said she didn't think they could.. I don't know.. Im gonna use the google
button on the Internet machine I guess.. She did say that a lot of dogs were having allergies right now and that could have something to do with it.

But yeah.. He has a raw spot.

UPDATE: according to petwave.com dogmas can get posing ivy and describes exactly what he looks like right now..

Thanks phone bitch

Those motherfuckers are not only idiots but they just want you to come down and blow money on anything and everythig possible.

Reactions: bryanpaul

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
So I just wanted to make a brief update. Violet is doing fine, one of the spots has gotten smaller, and the other has gotten a little better. I have done a couple of different things:

At first I cleaned The spots like twice a day with antibacterial soap and I noticed it was having a hard time scabbing so I left it alone, however I did put some neosporin on them which seemed to be helping. Then the next day cleaned with witch hazel, let it dry out, then put a tiny bit of neo on it. I believe the only reason she's having trouble healing is because she is scratching when I'm not home. So, what I've found is to clean it every other day and apply neosporin every other day, seems to be working the best. She would probably have been well done and healed if she wasn't scratching. Thanks for all the input again!

K

Kim Chee

Great to hear your doggie is coming along well. All too often people get on here, worried about some growth on their penis or whatever, get tons of advice and then never hear from them again.

I <3 happy endings:)

So, how's bigfoot?

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Great to hear your doggie is coming along well. All too often people get on here, worried about some growth on their penis or whatever, get tons of advice and then never hear from them again.

I <3 happy endings:)

So, how's bigfoot?

Hahahah thanks. I think big foot is doing better but you'd have to ask Dustin. He needs to post an update about that. :)

Mountain

Reaction score
Tr
I recently noticed a spot on my hounds skin that is round and fleshy/open looking. I am worried about her but I won't have the money to take her to the vet till tomorrow or the next day. I was going to get some antibiotic ointment and put it on the spot (which is like half an inch maybe less in diameter) but I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. I can't tell if it's some sort of weird puncture wound maybe from the springs under my bed where she hangs out sometimes or if was a spider bite. She's acting completely normal but of course I will still freak out. Any suggestions are appreciated, and no rude comments please she is going to the vet ASAP but I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to sooth the wound/mark until then.

Thanks!
Try a warm cloth or tea bag to see if it comes to a head...if it does its prolly a spider bite...hope the pooch gets better...good luck!!!

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
sounds like a hot spot. shave around the infected area if she has long hair so it doesnt get caught, itch her and then take longer to heal. they sell this "sulfur" stuff at walwheezy. it comes in a small yellow bottle, it's the generic version of what they will most likely give you at the vet. if you're that worried just wait, if you're that strapped for cash try the sulfur. hot spots tend to get bad fast, scold her every time she bits/scratches at it.

Is this sulfur stuff in the pet section at Wally? I'm going to have to try it...

E

Earth

ok, I'm un-able to read much here because everytime Matt updates this site, my old machine has a harder and harder time opening this up, so I guess this is my last comment here; anyhoo - I don't know what kind of dog you have or what you are doing with it but my Agrentine Dogo has no hair on her belly which means she is very suseptible to things like belly rash'es, etc.... as we are always in the woods, going swimming in the river - things like that - and what I find helps best is a little common sense: rinse your dog offf after play with a good source of fresh water, and use aloe vera if she/he gets a rash, as since i've been doing so - all our problems with poison oak, ivy, stuff in the water - has been completely solved. Hope this helps..........

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads