Waterproof sleeping bag | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Waterproof sleeping bag

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Idk how well this would work but I was thinking of sewing some heavy duty trashbags onto my sleeping bag and having some hangover on the ends to try to waterproof my bag (well closer to rainproof than waterproof but oh well)
I'm sure you've already gotten a million responses on this but I don't feel like reading brought them-ultimately, bad idea. Will harbor moisture and can easily create an environment for mold and other bacterias to live/grow. Even though tiny, the hole caused by he needle will still let a lot of moisture in. If you were going to do something like that I would find a waterproof material, sew it on the outside, find some heavy duty tape, and seal off over where you sewed the material so water can't leak through. Not sure how well this would work but better and more durable than trash bags...thats the best Ive got haha.

travelin

Reaction score
I have $47 in that rig.

id like the black bag but they are just too expensive and i think i can cover any weather i am liable to be out in with the addition of a wool blanket and/or poncho liner(woobie) and a space blanket... and a fire!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads