Wassup fellas

trippyj

Reaction score
I’m Joshua but people usually call me Trippy/Jaybird. Got it at a construction job and it’s stuck ever since, and trippyj was my rap name for a while. Right now I’m in South Carolina. Did a couple years on the road in ‘20 - ‘22, hitching and sleeping wherever I could find a spot. Usually at work trades/couch surfing. Louisiana, oregon, tennesee, and hawaii were definitely some of my favorites. Lotta stories and close calls from those little fiascos. Actually ended up in a vice documentary for a place called “The Garden” which I'm sure y'all have heard of. Busked a little in hawaii around the pahoa area, wonder if anyone from there is on here.

Trying to find my calling. I’m a Catholic but I won’t beat you over the head with the bible or anything like that lol.

Super into gardening and guitar. The place I’m at now has been a little training ground for both.

I love animals, botany, mycology, writing music, meeting people and just seeing what happens. Glad to be here! Posted some pics from the garden aswell as a double rainbow in hawaii. Frikkin beautiful

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpeg
    IMG_1131.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0801.png
    IMG_0801.png
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    818 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0505.jpeg
    IMG_0505.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • filtered-CBD12A59-E855-4546-805F-8E14D4F3A7BC.mp4
    4.4 MB
  • IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4728.jpeg
    IMG_4728.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4356.jpeg
    IMG_4356.jpeg
    858.6 KB · Views: 17

stacysadistic

Reaction score
What was The Garden like? With the exception f a few crazy stories it seems like a pretty ordinary commune, with the sorts of issues you'd expect. I get the feeling the documentaries focus on the drama aspects or even try to instigate things to make it more compelling for tv. Is it really a cult?

trippyj

Reaction score
Welcome to StP! Cool pictures and I enjoyed your write up on The Garden. Any suggestions on books for beginners about gardening?

It depends on what kinda gardening interests you. Lots of different routes to go and with my adhd that’s somethin awesome.

I read a bunch of random ones when I was in tennessee, but usually I just look up videos/go to reddit. James Prigioni, Selfsufficientme, David The Good, lot of cool people who know what they’re talkin about.

Botany for Gardeners is a good one to learn how plants actually work on a scientific level in a garden scenario (beans, tomatoes, squash) without making you feel completely lost every few seconds 😂.

Any of David The Good’s books, they’re a real down to earth read. Forget all the expensive systems and rules. Just grow stuff.

Teaming with Microbiology/Fungi; these books are amazing. Not too hard to understand but I have to go back every now and then cause it’s just over my head. I’ve heard Gaia’s Garden & Steve Solomon’s books are top tier but I havent checked those out yet.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads