Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I'm creating this thread so anyone that's interested in volunteering to setup or cleanup before/after the jambo can let us know by replying here. If you have any questions, post them here!

Some of the duties that will need to be done are as follows.

For Setup there are:
  • Dig new shitter hole.
  • Gather fire wood.
  • Town Supply Runs.
  • General Cleaning.

For during the Jamboree:
  • Kitchen Clean up Crew
  • Garbage Duty (switching out garbage bags, taking out bar trash, etc.)
  • Morning Town Run Drivers*
  • Band equipment set up / break down
  • Slab City Exploration Drivers**
  • General security
  • Quick Morning Library Cleaning (Clean Quickly, Get Fed Faster!)
For after the Jamboree:
  • Kitchen Clean Up Crew
  • Garbage Haulers
  • Recycling Haulers
  • Library Deep Cleaning; sweeping, shelving, dusting, surface wiping, etc.
  • Campsite cleaners

*Morning Drivers will need to have a vehicle and leave at approximately 8am on Friday, Saturday Sunday. Last year there were issues with people having to wait around for several hours for passengers and drivers to get organized so to avoid that we're asking that everyone who wants to go into town be ready to leave at 8am

**Explorations will take place between the hours 10am and 1pm. Volunteers will need to have a vehicle and be willing to leave at these specified times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
D

deleted user

I deleted myself
You know I'll be doing this that and the other thing. Whatever needs to be done I'm on it

EphemeralStick

The Sass Master Deluxe
The OP has been edited to include a list of the types of jobs we will need volunteers for. Please look through the list and let us know if anything interests you! If you have any questions please feel free to comment on this thread and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I'd really love to help with whatever needs done before and after can't provide a car or funds, but whatever other labor is needed I'm up for. How early would i need to get there for set up?

Joe Btfsplk

Wanderer
Two volunteers arriving by Wednesday, the 18th. We're over-nighting in Winslow AZ. Heavy snows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
JimmyD