Vest collar rubbing my neck raw

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
I've had vests for years and just recently started a new one, but every time I wear it for a few hours at a time, it just rubs parts of my neck raw and I end up with a very sore rash. I've never had this happen with any of my other collared denim vests.

Does this happen to anyone else? Could it just be that this is a new vest and I need to wear it in a little kinda like shoes? I've heard about waxing vests, could that help? And what does that really do to the denim?

Help :(

K

Kim Chee

Wash it with fabric softener.

Use a really long cycle and try to wear in the fabric.

I'm not a vest guy, but Chafing clothes chafe me.

D

Deleted member 9332

i wear a denim vest like every day and i've never had this issue. Do you wear a bandana? if you wear it with the knot in front "boyscout" style with the fabric up against your neck it might help. Also you should post pictures of your vest, i wanna see!

Also don't button it, i could see if it was like buttoned and right up against your neck that could be an issue. Or the jacket might fit you idk.

A

Adnil

Talcum powder or petroleum jelly can be used as a lubricant. Not sure how it (or if) it will stain your vest in time though.

Best of luck !

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
Talcum powder or petroleum jelly can be used as a lubricant. Not sure how it (or if) it will stain your vest in time though.

Best of luck !
I might try both. At least it's just in the neck area and not all over that I'd put it, so the whole thing won't become stained.

i wear a denim vest like every day and i've never had this issue. Do you wear a bandana? if you wear it with the knot in front "boyscout" style with the fabric up against your neck it might help. Also you should post pictures of your vest, i wanna see!

Also don't button it, i could see if it was like buttoned and right up against your neck that could be an issue. Or the jacket might fit you idk.

Yeah, I've been wearing my darker one for years and then my lighter vest (both in the pictures) is the one that rubs me wrong and I have no idea why. Maybe it's just the type of denim? And I never wear it buttoned, it rubs the back of my neck, never the front much.

13115821_279822095688123_1306154366_n.jpg

(I need to update my AJJ patch since they no longer go by that name)
13162230_279822092354790_2076437590_n.jpg

13149834_279822112354788_1036933984_n.jpg

13101372_279822115688121_661526394_n.jpg

Reactions: Dmac
D

Deleted member 9332

I might try both. At least it's just in the neck area and not all over that I'd put it, so the whole thing won't become stained.

Yeah, I've been wearing my darker one for years and then my lighter vest (both in the pictures) is the one that rubs me wrong and I have no idea why. Maybe it's just the type of denim? And I never wear it buttoned, it rubs the back of my neck, never the front much.

View attachment 30262
(I need to update my AJJ patch since they no longer go by that name)
View attachment 30263

View attachment 30264
View attachment 30265
Nice shit, you got some cute vests! Maybe sew a little bit of fur around there area that rubs your neck?

D

Deleted member 9332

Ah good idea. I was trying to think of furs to help with the rashes. I might buy some cute fake pink fur.
if i where u i'd try to scavenge some real fur, it's much gentler on the skin than synthetic stuff (also faux fur is unfortunately like half real fur a lot of the time). You could even find some road kill and tan it urself!

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads