Used to living in a tiny space, but not traveling

Parker Free

Reaction score
Website
coffeewitholiver.com
For several years now I've lived in under 100 sq feet, but getting ready to do it on the back on my truck, on the move. Never had the opportunity before to up and go, so I'm taking advantage of my current situation to try it out. No reason not too, and lots of reasons why it makes sense. Really hope to run into other people who do the same.

4t7

Reaction score
For several years now I've lived in under 100 sq feet, but getting ready to do it on the back on my truck, on the move. Never had the opportunity before to up and go, so I'm taking advantage of my current situation to try it out. No reason not too, and lots of reasons why it makes sense. Really hope to run into other people who do the same.
Freeeeeeedommm! [emoji31]

Reactions: Kal
D

Deleted member 9332

You'll probably run into a lot of really great people, not only people who are doing the same thing as you, but also those who have /very very/ different lives. Remember to be careful, and try to have a backup plan! best of luck!

Parker Free

Reaction score
Website
coffeewitholiver.com
Stupid question perhaps, but backup plan for what exactly..living on the road?
I don't have a backup plan for that. For smaller things? Working on (hopefully) all the important ones before I go. Never having lived that way before, I figured sites like this are a good place to start thinking of what questions I need to ask myself.

D

Deleted member 9332

Stupid question perhaps, but backup plan for what exactly..living on the road?
I don't have a backup plan for that. For smaller things? Working on (hopefully) all the important ones before I go. Never having lived that way before, I figured sites like this are a good place to start thinking of what questions I need to ask myself.

Yes, a backup plan to going on the road, what if you find out that it is not a suitable life style for you, or you get seriously injured and can't travel anymore etc.? Sites like this are a very important part probably mostly because it's an easy way to communicate with people who have been in both your position and on the road before. I would suggest before you ask a lot of questions read as much as you can on here, including about things that you might not be particularly interested in doing as there nuggets of wisdom hidden everywhere. Not everyone gets the chance to decide that they want to be on the road, so take serious advantage of that.

Reactions: Kal and Mankini

Parker Free

Reaction score
Website
coffeewitholiver.com
I agree with you on pretty much everything you've said. I literally meant questions to ask "myself", my inner self, about what I'd need in case of this or that. I have a link to my blog that explains a little why I'm doing this on-the-road-thing; basically, I have no backup plan because I don't have a lot of choices, and living in a DIY camper/Tiny Home on the back of my truck beats living in my truck's cab with all of my animals. This sorta IS my backup plan. I do intend on saving as much money every month as I can to buy a little piece of land somewhere, sometime in the future. I also have land that is inaccessible for a good part of the year due to seriously heavy snow and very bad "road" that I can stay on in the short summertime for a break. I was going to live there in seclusion year-round, but I hurt myself really badly and thus...this. I'm trying to make sure I plan as best I can before I have to leave where I'm currently staying, and I will HAVE to leave at some unknown point.
I read everything, everywhere. From survivalists to homesteaders, from DIY to doing without. I agree there are nuggets of wisdom available from just about everywhere.

Reactions: Kal and Mankini
D

Deleted member 9332

I agree with you on pretty much everything you've said. I literally meant questions to ask "myself", my inner self, about what I'd need in case of this or that. I have a link to my blog that explains a little why I'm doing this on-the-road-thing; basically, I have no backup plan because I don't have a lot of choices, and living in a DIY camper/Tiny Home on the back of my truck beats living in my truck's cab with all of my animals. This sorta IS my backup plan. I do intend on saving as much money every month as I can to buy a little piece of land somewhere, sometime in the future. I also have land that is inaccessible for a good part of the year due to seriously heavy snow and very bad "road" that I can stay on in the short summertime for a break. I was going to live there in seclusion year-round, but I hurt myself really badly and thus...this. I'm trying to make sure I plan as best I can before I have to leave where I'm currently staying, and I will HAVE to leave at some unknown point.
I read everything, everywhere. From survivalists to homesteaders, from DIY to doing without. I agree there are nuggets of wisdom available from just about everywhere.

good to hear all that! safe travels!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy your journey!

I'm minimalist, so small living spaces, but open freedom mean a lot to me, so kudos!!

Safe travels!

Parker Free

Reaction score
Website
coffeewitholiver.com
Hi :)
I am not as much of a minimalist as I need to be, not yet. I have less stuff I'm planning on keeping than anyone I know, but it's still too much. I'm surrounded by my mother/s stuff too, which I'm slowly going through and selling off. It would be enough junk to drive you up the wall, I'm afraid!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Hi :)
I am not as much of a minimalist as I need to be, not yet. I have less stuff I'm planning on keeping than anyone I know, but it's still too much. I'm surrounded by my mother/s stuff too, which I'm slowly going through and selling off. It would be enough junk to drive you up the wall, I'm afraid!

I understand. I accuse my husband of being a hoarder, because our house is filled with crap he wants.

He's 15 years older than me, so I've told him that if he dies first, I'm selling everything and either turning this place into a hippie hostel or moving to MO to turn my to-be-inherited farmland into a hippie commune.

;)

lone wolf

Reaction score
you have an awesome set up started. are you bringing the scooter also? I had a 1971 jimmy years ago and I never had the vision to create a mobile house like so many have here. I can't wait to see the truck when finished.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
where are you headed?

X

xtodx

im a minimalist but ive got agoraphobia so i cant really travel i always hang out with tne travel kids when they pass through my city, we have good times.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads