Up Tha PUNX!

Jimmycinno

Reaction score
Just a Midwest corn field dude with a severe case of wanderlust. I grew up in Jackson, TN until my early teen years where my family moved around a bunch but settled mostly in Southern Minnesota. I've been an avid fan of the hardcore DIY scene here for over a decade now, paving the way for my own journeys as an adult. I've moved around all over working and doing what I thought was the right way to live; but after all this time I've decided it was all a waste. I've learned a lot but feel like the open road would be a better home for me. It gets exhausting trying to be something you're not. A 9 to 5 doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'm looking for adrenaline rushes, heavy music, new friends, and life long memories.
I'm currently getting ready to set out on my first adventure with nothing. Previously, I moved around more "productively" having a job and a living space lined up. This time around I've given all my stuff away, bought a backpack and a pair of boots, and on the look out for any road dogs, crusties, hippies, or otherwise nomadic people with big hearts and beautiful minds.
I'm a spiritual being that believes in energy and loving humanity while growing and becoming he best person I can be.
I am extremely anti hate, but absolutely condone violence against oppression. My solidarity lies with comrades fighting for freedom, true freedom for all who live on this planet.

"Not all those who wander, are lost."
// J.R.R. Tolkien

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Welcome to STP! Always happy to hear about and meet another DIY hardcore kids. Fuck the job! Hit the streets!

tacopirate

Reaction score
Hey man! Glad to hear you're givin' up the reins of civilized society. Chi-town is a blast for a first city!! Stay off of anywhere near Observatory Park, Pulaski, etc. When I was there last there were some cool spots on the river that weren't developed yet, though they're likely gone now.
As for travelling in general, this site is about the best friend you could have. Just meet as many people as you can and don't believe everything you hear. If you're going to hop, find someone experienced first. Boystown was always good for that in Chicago (haha).
If you have boots and a pack - grab a tarp, some warm clothes, a road atlas, and plenty of water. Hit the road!!

Reactions: Jimmycinno

Jimmycinno

Reaction score
Hey man! Glad to hear you're givin' up the reins of civilized society. As for travelling in general, this site is about the best friend you could have. Just meet as many people as you can and don't believe everything you hear.
If you have boots and a pack - grab a tarp, some warm clothes, a road atlas, and plenty of water. Hit the road!!
Much appreciated! I'm hoping to meet a lot of experienced travelers as I'm just winging this. I don't have much and asking questions is intimidating. Thanks for the welcome.

Reactions: tacopirate
D

Deleted member 125

Much appreciated! I'm hoping to meet a lot of experienced travelers as I'm just winging this. I don't have much and asking questions is intimidating. Thanks for the welcome.

using the search bar or checking out some of the featured threads may answer alot of yer questions without having to ask any so you wont feel that way. cheers man.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
Good idea to leave in March. It would be too cold before then ( unless your into masochist, hardcore traveling) lol. Do you have a general direction you want to go? Are you hitching, hopping, or rubber tramping? Depending on your mode of transportation will affect where and when you want to go somewhere. Although don't be stupid and hop a train if you have no idea what you're doing if you don't have someone to show you. Stay safe!!

Reactions: Jimmycinno

Jimmycinno

Reaction score
Good idea to leave in March. It would be too cold before then ( unless your into masochist, hardcore traveling) lol. Do you have a general direction you want to go? Are you hitching, hopping, or rubber tramping? Depending on your mode of transportation will affect where and when you want to go somewhere. Although don't be stupid and hop a train if you have no idea what you're doing if you don't have someone to show you. Stay safe!!

I'm walking at the moment, but I've been informed that hitching would be better lol. I want to go to Denver and then head west from there but I guess that depend on who I run into between now and then. At the moment I'm solo dolo looking to join a group.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads