Tumpline | Squat the Planet

Tumpline

D

Deleted member 2626

Just got into the idea of, when carrying my sometimes extra dog food, extra water on my semi heavy pack, why not rig of an impermanent tumpline to use my neck and noggin to take a little weight off the shoulder and hips. Gonna try her out. Checking out primitive gear and packs got me on it. Even seen a few google flicks of people rigging them to internal frame packs. Kinda cool.

anterrabae

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
754 Weather Vane Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, US
interesting, never heard of a tumpline, but of course seen it done on the discovery channel or somewheres. Ill sometimes do something similar with my sleepnsystem, with much the same effect, taking some weight off the shoulders by extending one of the outer straps to set on the fore-head... when there is nobody around to see, granted.

• Haha
Reactions: Testicool
A

A New Name

I wonder if that could strain or damage ones neck. The advice of someone with experience using one of these long term would be useful.

D

Deleted member 2626

I'm going to try it out. Found some length of strap as I do often along most any road and gonna use elk hide as the padding. Well would it be anymore strain than a heavy pack upon just shoulders and hips? I'd rather be hunched at 60 from living than tight from desk work or some such other

A

A New Name

I'm going to try it out. Found some length of strap as I do often along most any road and gonna use elk hide as the padding. Well would it be anymore strain than a heavy pack upon just shoulders and hips? I'd rather be hunched at 60 from living than tight from desk work or some such other
Best if you can avoid being hunched at all, right?
I don't mean not doing it but doing in a way that avoids hunchedness.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads