Truck Stops

Ocean15

Reaction score
How easy would say going to a truck stop and asking for a ride to California obviously if they're going in that direction, now this might be the kicker with 2 small well behaved dogs and a great traveling cat in carrier and my 2 suitcases + blanket and pillow I'm native Californian I'm 55 blonde hair green eyes how likely that I would get a ride hopefully without trying for happy endings? I need feed back cause I'm not getting any responses for ride share hitch a ride and I'm really tired of sleeping outside with the rain

Reactions: Dirtykid28
D

Deleted member 125

with 2 dogs, a cat 2 suitcases a pillow and blanket youd have to run into one hell of a generous trucker. those pets are gonna kill it for most truckers.

Jay89

Reaction score
Best thing to do is maybe buy a cb radio a cheap or get near a radio on channel 19 and say what you are trying to do. I see women standing around from time to time and drivers go up talk to talk to them shortly after they hop in.

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
Texas also tends to be Bible Town... So, neat appearance - to best of your ability... Put on a (your, whichever) Cross - make sure it's visible! Brush out (groom) the dogs... (aka, make the kids presentable :) ) ... Then in addition to a sign (LARGE CLEAR LETTERS - your destination, specific. Don't say Sacramento if you're really aiming for Stockton) ... In addition - you might want to try holding/reading a Bible.
.... Wouldn't be very christian to leave you out there alone like that.... Not so much banking on a Trucker, as some "good christian soul" to take pity on you & either A. drive you damn near home, themself, or, B. take up a collection in your name to finance you home.
.... or, ofcourse, C. anyone willing to give you a lift down the road.

Can't hurt to try... :) Goodluck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads