Trikes

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Motor mods I understand, but on a trike? Why would you use a trike? Those things don't have the suspension or wheels to deal with high speeds. Trikes are used for hauling heavy stuff at slow speeds unless you're talking about the recumbent tadpole designs, in which case you got to be made out of money.

Noble Savage

Reaction score
the little china girl engine kits are made to run off the spokes opposite side of the rear sprocket so you can still pedal the bike if need be...I would think you would have to add a sprocket to the 3 wheelers axle and maybe lengthen the chain that comes with the kit which most hardware stores carry chain links...kits go a little cheaper in the winter off of ebay I got mine last year for $130 to the door probably cheaper than that now...It goes faster than I can peddle the old heavy steel 64 huffy cruiser and thats fast enough for me...I have one of those double kid pull behind haulers if I need a "trunk"...that way I can get the bike up the stairs at the apartment

Wild Ty Laserbeam

Reaction score
When you add a motor to bicycle, you are adding too much weight to use it as a standard bicycle. I've driven bikes outfitted with both 2 and 4 cylinder chinese motors designed for bicycles and they just weigh too much to get anywhere pedaling. The thing is, if you have one I'm not sure why you would want to pedal since they get like 11092857 mpg. The other thing, is that the chinese engines are cheap and break. If you are handy you might could keep one running, but if you're really handy I say repurpose an engine and install it. Chainsaws are pretty close already, right?

cport420

Reaction score
Very cool dude. A trike would hold a lot of shit. I wonder if you could DIY a straight axel with a off set sprocket and run a small 3-5hp engine. Or look find a wrecked old scooter and snatch the engine. Maybe even 4stroke weed eater friction drive.

Reactions: p4r4d0x

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Had me a tricycle in Long Beach, and used it to carry my (350lbs) of gear down to San Diego. A tricycle is the shit, I installed a stop sign on the back for a flat bed(put the basket on that) made bank in recycling, cans, plastic, started doing card board too. Tricycles are the shit, hope to get another one soon.

Reactions: p4r4d0x

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads