Traveling transition

skyedreamer

dumpster diving whiskey drinkin dyke
Reaction score
Website
skyedreamerphotography.weebly.com
Hey travelers :D So I have this piece of shit van that I am pretty over with. Not sure how much I'm gonna get out of it when I sell it. But I was thinking about some bike touring a bit and I was wondering if I could pick your brains? Lol.

Anyone tour with a dog? Is a trailer the best approach to keep my furry kid happy? Your experiences? With dog in mind should I hold onto my tent or just settle for a tarp?

Anyone tour with a motorized bike? Easy to jug? How hard is it to mechanically maintain on the road?

If there's anything else that you can suggest... please do :D

Thank you guys!!!

Safe Travels ::cigar::

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
Arapala is our resident biking Guru and has a website called Trekking Buddha

You know about Bicas here in Tucson don't you? You can volunteer your time with them and then they will give you everything you need to build your own bike how you want it.

Oh, and if you haven't it might be worth checking out what the current scrap rate is. Depending on how much of a piece of shit it is you may get more that way.

Thorne

Reactions: skyedreamer

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I'm on several bicycle forums and there are some long distance people on there (and short distance) who bike with their furry friends, either in a basket, trailer or a baby cart behind the bike. Will look at what they have and post it. Think I have posted some links to those sites before though but will look.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads