Traveling To Hawaii

Torrey

Reaction score
Looking to travel by boat or ship to Hawaii from California sometime in April 2015. Anyone know someone or, if there is anyone who is looking for a fellow companion with an Optimistic outlook on life, let's link up. Of course we can screen each other, but traveling by ship to the great islands will be so much fun. By the way, I'm an Adventurous Leo.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Lots of great info and people here. You might want to peruse the Destinations by Region section - I saw a couple had some Hawaii entries - also many people looking for fellow travelers post a thread in the Roaddogs and Meet up section. Good luck and have fun!

D

Deleted member 20

Looking to travel by boat or ship to Hawaii from California sometime in April 2015. Anyone know someone or, if there is anyone who is looking for a fellow companion with an Optimistic outlook on life, let's link up. Of course we can screen each other, but traveling by ship to the great islands will be so much fun. By the way, I'm an Adventurous Leo.

All I know about Is the Trash Barge. Most everyone Is tight lipped about the comings & goings of that vessel though.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You drop down by the docks at the nightly witching hour.
Present the captain with a gift of a pineapple a piece of eight and a can of spam.
Then your in like flyn.
Serious.
::cigar::

OH... And Welcome... welcome...

BTW I hear that flights from cali to the island are kinda cheap on the west coast.
Don't know why not try spange up the change for a one way flight?
But if you're dead set on a sea voyage.
Shrugs.

Reactions: iamwhatiam

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
@Odin - I forgot about the interest in Spam there. My Mom is now in a nursing home and we had to sell the house and get rid of stuff, etc. Now my Mom liked Spam - it was always her go to meat (product) so she always had some on hand. I'll say - I opened her pantry doors and we counted >30 cans (none flavored) - my SIL was worried that they were out of date. LOL I think there were cans there (dusty) purchased on sale 5 plus years ago and they weren't going to be out of date anytime soon. We donated her accumulated foodstuffs to the local food pantry .... ok, I kept a couple cans for myself :D

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
they even serve spam and eggs on the breakfast menu at mcdonald's in hawaii, it's true. Another name for spam - Hawaiian steak!
----
As far as getting a ride on a ship, good luck! You'd have better chances hitchin a ride on a sailboat, and I believe most sailboats make the passage in summer when the trade winds make for quicker sailing. In winter, the Kona winds (from the south) don't make for very conducive conditions coming from the west coast....so I think you'd probably be good come April. A friend of mine sailed solo in his small sailboat from the west coast and I think it took him almost a month

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Odin

Kal

Reaction score
@Odin - I forgot about the interest in Spam there. My Mom is now in a nursing home and we had to sell the house and get rid of stuff, etc. Now my Mom liked Spam - it was always her go to meat (product) so she always had some on hand. I'll say - I opened her pantry doors and we counted >30 cans (none flavored) - my SIL was worried that they were out of date. LOL I think there were cans there (dusty) purchased on sale 5 plus years ago and they weren't going to be out of date anytime soon. We donated her accumulated foodstuffs to the local food pantry .... ok, I kept a couple cans for myself :D
Love spam I always have some in my pack.

Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads