Question Traveling back and forth between the USA and Canada

cornactivator

Reaction score
First off, I scoured the site for a forum of international travel and couldn't find any, so I'm really sorry if this isn't the spot for this question!

Second, I'm wanting to, at some point make my way to Canada via backpacking, this probably wouldn't be for a while as I need to save up some money and I've got a lot goin on right now, But if anyone knows what I would need exactly to help me get into Canada and back without getting like arrested and stuff that would be great, Im also looking into how international travel works obviously, but any starting places and specifics to look into would be greatly appreciated as I've been looking and am a bit lost.

Edit: Thank you to whoever moved this question!

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
First off, I scoured the site for a forum of international travel and couldn't find any, so I'm really sorry if this isn't the spot for this question!

'scoured' might be a bit strong of wording, but since your question revolves around the country of canada, i've moved your thread to the 'canada' forum. i've also edited your title to be more appropriate to the content of your question.

your question is also a bit vague since you're not really saying how you want to go between these countries, or if you plan to do so legally. if you're asking about legally, it's pretty easy, just bring your passport.

• Thank you
Reactions: cornactivator

juniormustache

I'm just showing off my nails, I swear!
Reaction score
Do you have a passport? I have heard of people crossing with and without, or with or without a vehicle, so your options depend on how you’re trying to go. It also depends on where you’re trying to enter, what time of year, etc etc… trains, boats, automobiles, hiking are all options

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads