travelin' cat tips?

mamamutiny

Reaction score
if this has already been posted, someone let me know.
i'm planning to head out soon, but i think it's shitty to try to get rid of my cat just so i can do what i want. plus, she's my friend and i wouldn't ditch her anyway. just wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with traveling with a cat.
(she's usually an indoor cat; i'm leash training her right now)

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
My friend Kai has a cat too. Its best if you have a wide pack so the cat can sit on it. Get the cat used to sitting on your shoulders. Another thing she has to get used to is people and cars. Try taking her out with your pack on and loaded so she can get used to standing on it. Just don't forget: Every time you stop, give the cat water and make sure she's not strong enough to pull the pack... Kai has a small pack and the cat can pull it.

thisisme

Reaction score
Its best if you have a wide pack so the cat can sit on it. Get the cat used to sitting on your shoulders. Another thing she has to get used to is people and cars. Try taking her out with your pack on and loaded so she can get used to standing on it.
^^^ This. my friend had a cat on the road and it would sit on his shoulders/pack. thats really the only way i could see it working effectively. some cats just arent meant for traveling though, especially if they were a house cat before. Just make sure to practice alot before you actually head out so the kitty feels secure

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads