Trash Barges

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone,Ive been thinking a lot about bailing out of the U.S. and have heard some thing about being able to hitch a ride on a Trash Barge. If anyone has any info on this, like if its legit, and Where I might be able to catch one, drop me a message.thbf-palmsmiley

slurricane

Reaction score
waterways is a great way to beat the immigration system. i wouldnt trust it if they catch you on there they can shoot you and throw your limp and lifeless body overboard. sweettalk your way aboard a cargo ship, fishing vessel or even sneak onto a cruiseliner from the canadian region to greenland, onto iceland then into the european territories. i mean you're gonna do what you're gonna do regardless, so be careful with how you go about gettin there. best of luck.
another idea, build your own ship and sail there yourself, put them slave yuppies to some row-work and get it goin' viking!

Reactions: nellylikewoah

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..Though I wasnt talkin about stowing away on a barge, I heard you could just kick down a few bucks and catch a ride that way. But where about in canada would I hope a cruiser?

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Where're you looking to go....? There's a few threads on this, several of which say it's damn near difficult, if not impossible, to just hop a ride on a freighter/boat/ocean-going vessel - they have a lot of insurance issues to deal with and the like. :\ I'm looking to get back out to Hawai'i, but probably not for a while... You can get flight out there for $185 (which, if you're in the right area, can be raged up in a relative quickness). Of course, then comes the issue of being OUT there with very little money, which can... suck. We shall seeee. But at any rate, best of luck!!!

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
Hell all, sorry for the delay on correspondence, got stuck in Jail in Illinois for a couple month. Im currently in Ohio but definitely still interested in the topic..Barefootinbabylon, Im heading to Iceland, then at some point back home to Ireland. Scales..Id be down for some good company for sure.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
the pineapple express train is for real. it runs 7 days a week. you can catch out before 5pm when it's running. but if you're gonna hop it, make sure you bring extra water as it's been really hot here lately. you may be able to bribe the conductor with a basket of spam musubi or one ono plate lunch tho. :)
--as a side note: city of honolulu just became the next in the country to adopt the stupid 'no sit/lie' on sidewalk law within the city. also, shitting/pissing in public is now officially illegal - so if ya gotta do yer business, and there's no public restrooms around, just wade in the ocean and do it underwater. . . . .i'm sure the tourists (whom these laws are really made for) will appreciate dodging your floating turds!! lol

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Dmac

Reaction score
maybe try and get a job on a fishing vessel that will be going there? shoestring had a story about how he did that a few years back.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads