trainhop across russia in sept?

Tadaa

Reaction score
anyone up to hop from st petersburg all the way to vladivostok in september / october

last year i hopped / hitchhiked from st petersburg to irkutsk with a friend (little over 6000 km) and then went down to mongolia..
this year i want to stick mostly to trainhopping and go all the way to vladivostok (then catch a ferry to korea to see a friend.
i know its 10.000 km.. so either its gonna be sitting mostly on the train or i was thinking doing a stop in mongolia quickly to get a new visa for another month (or get a business visa for 3 months in the first place so there is no rush

Reactions: Odin and suzie fox

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes..From what I hear, the trains go to cities where foreigners aren't aloud. Tread lightly and watch out for those skin heads.

Reactions: janktoaster

Tadaa

Reaction score
i will be careful wizehop.. but just saying that Russia is an amazing country with amazing people. and after travelling the world.. the only place i have been really scared is the usa.. i guess if i survive that.. i can handle russia :p

i promised a year ago i would write some of my experiences of trainhopping in russia down.. i will try and do this soon.. i am just really bad in writing stuff down.. more of a barperson and talking for hours about things that happened..
but i will try.. cause i know some of you want to hear em and get the info

edit

dont want to join Wizehop?
i have seen your videos and read your posts.. you have hopped around the world.. maybe russia is next ?
and now i have your attention.. thanks for all your posts.. you taught me a lot about hopping..

Reactions: BluntmAn

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
dont want to join Wizehop?
i have seen your videos and read your posts.. you have hopped around the world.. maybe russia is next ?
and now i have your attention.. thanks for all your posts.. you taught me a lot about hopping..

Glad someone's is getting something out of my shity posts, always good to hear. Id love to do Russia by freight, but I'm tied down and a bit too poor to be travelling abroad by September. I'll have to live vicariously through you for the time being.

Keep me posted either way. I know a lot of people on the international riding scene who would love to hear all about your experience.

Rio

Reaction score
I was planning on doing something similar, only I don't land in Helsinki until September 25th and my Russian Visa is not valid until The 28th. Let me know if you end up going late september or early october and I'd be up for a travel companion

Daryl Jw Ee

Reaction score
I dont know is it ok to revive old post but , YOLO right.

First thing first, Great job Tadaa, its really impressive and it really inspires me.
This summer June 2015, i am planning to do the same. I am currently looking for crazy partner that is up for the adventure. Let's say HH or trainhop (i guess train is more sensible) across Siberia to the East, or till Baikal region and back. Anyone interested? Do Pm me.

Btw, i am in Russia, studying actually.. So i do speak the language...
I heard Siberia is a wonderful place to explore... Let's findout.

suzie fox

Reaction score
I dont know is it ok to revive old post but , YOLO right.

First thing first, Great job Tadaa, its really impressive and it really inspires me.
This summer June 2015, i am planning to do the same. I am currently looking for crazy partner that is up for the adventure. Let's say HH or trainhop (i guess train is more sensible) across Siberia to the East, or till Baikal region and back. Anyone interested? Do Pm me.

Btw, i am in Russia, studying actually.. So i do speak the language...
I heard Siberia is a wonderful place to explore... Let's findout.

omg.

reading this type of adventure core makes me feel so much fucking better about everything i.e. the international situation, news doom n gloom, the shitty neighbourhood i live in.....

WOOO please do this

D

Deleted member 20

Nice there are lots of industrial wasteland type places where I would like to visitt around "Chelabynsk"=tank town where there are rotting hulks of prehistoric diesel engines just sitting around. I wish I could get over there but i dont speak the language. I am sure I could kayak from Alaska like a boss but would quickly be discovered due to language inabilities. No Passport, No Problem has been more of a North America undertaking so far.

Daryl Jw Ee

Reaction score
Nice there are lots of industrial wasteland type places where I would like to visitt around "Chelabynsk"=tank town where there are rotting hulks of prehistoric diesel engines just sitting around. I wish I could get over there but i dont speak the language. I am sure I could kayak from Alaska like a boss but would quickly be discovered due to language inabilities. No Passport, No Problem has been more of a North America undertaking so far.

Haha.. You can try Rosetta Stones or Pimsleurs. Maybe you might be able to get away from Authorities..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads