Website Updates Train hopping section now requires 10 likes for entry

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, in the interest of protecting sensitive information related to the train hopping community, I've made some changes today to how the train hopping section of the forums works.

Previously, users were required to make 10 posts to gain entry to that section. The main complaint about this method was that some folks would try to 'game' the system by posting 10 nonsense posts that didn't really contribute anything to the community.

So as of today, we are requiring a user to earn 10 likes from other users on the things they post before they can gain entry into the train hopping section. This number may change as we add or remove available reactions.

I've been planning this for some time, but previous issues with the database (that have recently been resolved) prevented this new method from becoming a reality until now.

All current users with 10 or more likes (you can see your 'reaction score' on your profile) have already been promoted and should be able to view the train hopping section.

For anyone that earns 10 likes, it may take up to an hour for the system to upgrade your account, please be patient. If it still doesn't happen, please send me or a staff member a message and we'll get it resolved for you.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
People are still going to try to game the system by making extra accounts, but your spam filters will probably catch them
Some will try, but multiple accounts are pretty easy to find, as you said, the spam system highlights them by default.

• Useful
Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads