Toronto heading out west.

AestheticTramper

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Paul.

Made it over from Europe and will be hitchhiking/train hopping west through Canada and then down the US west coast for the next few months.

Started out in NYC and been making my way for the past week . Currently in Toronto.

If anyone wants to hangout, travel together, or take a naive Brit along with you for the ride. Give me a shout. Plenty of experience hitchhiking, but no experience train hopping.

IMG_20230701_091611.jpg
IMG_20230629_115946.jpg
IMG_20230627_121316.jpg
IMG_20230623_220359.jpg
IMG_20230507_092822.jpg
IMG_20230116_091440.jpg
IMG_20230630_093859.jpg
IMG_20230629_205248.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230629_190953.jpg
    IMG_20230629_190953.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 67

numberonenumberreader

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thanks. Nice little spot in downtown Toronto.

Can you be more specific re West coast comment?

You said you’re naive and you’re looking for someone to hop with. If you’re in Washington Oregon or California (anywhere really) and you meet someone on the street who will hop with you just be vigilant cause 99% of these fools are in the depths of addiction and suck.

You’ll probably be fine just don’t trust anyone too much.

Reactions: AestheticTramper

AestheticTramper

Reaction score
Okay, I should have been more specific. I'm naive with trainhopping not so much with people or the streets. All I know is what I've read here and a few other places re trainhopping. It isn't really a thing in the UK, and barely a thing in Europe.

AestheticTramper

Reaction score
Hey that's dope anything you wanna see in particular in PNW or anywhere along your path? What drew you this way?

Mostly hitching and hopping is the interest but yeah, would also love to take in some national parks in BC and down the US west coast. Basically see the real country(s), and meet like-minded people - people who don't really fit anywhere so roam everywhere. Also something more challenging - been all over Europe and it has become all too familiar.

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
Mostly hitching and hopping is the interest but yeah, would also love to take in some national parks in BC and down the US west coast. Basically see the real country(s), and meet like-minded people - people who don't really fit anywhere so roam everywhere. Also something more challenging - been all over Europe and it has become all too familiar.

Mmmm yeh new places exciting: new landscapes, people's/culturers. Exciting ^-^ if you're inclined/gonna be that way BANNF park looks stunning ^-^

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nice hellfire club shirt i have the black version :)

and as @Ynwdwndrr mentioned, I just started a thread about our yearly gathering which you can find here:

Reactions: AestheticTramper

AestheticTramper

Reaction score
nice hellfire club shirt i have the black version :)

and as @Ynwdwndrr mentioned, I just started a thread about our yearly gathering which you can find here:

I also have the black version 😂 We could be a matching set, unfortunately I think the gathering is too late for me. Would have loved to attend.

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads