Together or alone

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
which way you heading in your short-bus?
(I'm always curious) ...how many strong will your band be?

Well, that depends. I have a friend who says he wants to go out to Missouri with me in the bus. He wants us to meet up with his weed peddling uncle and hang out for a while. But who knows, that might fall through.
If he winds up deciding to hang around town instead of traveling with me, I might travel around to various state parks, stopping in towns and cities to scrape up money and such.
At some point I want travel along the coastline and see the ocean, but that doesn't have to be right now. I've got many years ahead of me. One thing at a time.
I'll try to find at least one trusty friend to go with me, for safety and company. I could even adopt a dog. I still have some months ahead of me, seeing as I have to convert the bus after I get it.

RobHASboots

Reaction score
that sounds fun.
I'd like to do something like that; hug the (pacific?) coast...
I always had this idea, to like, travel along the coast via sea kayak, n just camp as ya go along. (but I have next-to-zero XP for such an adventure. -or $ for trusted sea-going vessel)
in Oregon all beaches / coastline is designated as PUBLIC, I believe. oh, but you can't pump your own gas there. - I... guess it... creates jobs...? idk.
coincidentally, I've been thinkin about rescuing a furry friend as well! -I keep finding myself poking around on [animal rescue league] website, seeing the latest captives who need ... a human.
dogs are the best.

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
that sounds fun.
I'd like to do something like that; hug the (pacific?) coast...
I always had this idea, to like, travel along the coast via sea kayak, n just camp as ya go along. (but I have next-to-zero XP for such an adventure. -or $ for trusted sea-going vessel)
in Oregon all beaches / coastline is designated as PUBLIC, I believe. oh, but you can't pump your own gas there. - I... guess it... creates jobs...? idk.
coincidentally, I've been thinkin about rescuing a furry friend as well! -I keep finding myself poking around on [animal rescue league] website, seeing the latest captives who need ... a human.
dogs are the best.

Pacific coast would be sweet! If you went during the summer the weather would be very vagabond friendly :)
And yeah, dogs are pretty top shelf stuff. I'm thinking of getting a breed that is stereotyped as intimidating, so as to scare off some potential swamp perverts and such. Maybe a pit bull or a german shepherd. We'll see what turns up at local shelters, though. It's been years since I had a canine friend.
Digging the kayak idea. Let me know if it ever comes together!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads