to the road

Reaction score
just like most everyone else here i'm fed up with society and couldn't stand being a cog in someone else's machinations. so i ditched college. I was there for four years (two years at two schools), had five different majors and eventually decided i wanted to write so i studied journalism. i had at least another year and a half so i bailed and wasted thousands of dollars i don't give two shits about. I was sick with the feeling that i wasn't in control of my life so i turned my back on society and haven't been happier. i write a lot, figuring if i can't get fiction published there's always journalism to fall back on. I've been living in Columbus for about nine months now. i'm originally from the crowded 'burbs of jersey and lived two years in morgantown, wv before going back to nj and then, after wanting to punch every person i saw in the face, bailed outta the garden state and moved in with a friend in columbus, ohio.
first time hitchhiking was in late may. i went by myself down to the outer banks in nc and holy shit if it wasn't the craziest most exhilarating mind-numbing soul freeing experience of my life and i can't wait to go again -- which is in a couple of weeks. i'm poor and filthy and i fucking love it and i love my taped up floppy ass shoes and the rips in all my clothes and the only sane people are the ones who laugh madly along the fringes of society while the ignorant masses blindly follow in the system of debt slavery perpetuated by the federal banking cartels.
I'm pissed as hell that this country's freedoms and constitutional protections have been systematically torn away and the freedom i crave i find in traveling and writing and drinking.
I'm chill and laid back, hate assholes who have to get one-up on everyone to make themselves feel powerful and i'm into all lifestyles and sorts of people, because if you aren't open-minded the universe isn't open to your mind, and without a spiritual connection we're all helpless slaves.
Wow, well i wonder if anyone else rants in these 'introductions' but i have a lot say and you're still here reading. I'm leaving in the second week of october to visit a girl in los angeles, then it's back home in nj for the holidays, then back to columbus, and once the snow melts i'm going right back out and i'll be 24 years young with a book and a blog and a big fucking smile on my face that i'm finally back in control. Peace and love and freedom for all -- brian.
ps: pm me if you're trying to hit the road together! I'd love to hear from you!

K

kokomojoe

welcome to the site. I definitely know what you mean about the whole college thing and not having control over your life. I'm in my first semester right now and figure I should at least try it before I cross it off the list. As long as you're not a dick or a total idiot, people should be pretty good to you on here.

Reaction score
itchy feet always seem to come to quick. but who knows or cares when the right time is anyway? it's like fucking. and i definitely got t'find a traveling famly!! -- (that's not like fucking).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads