To Go On By Yourself..?

Maxx Power

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this site but not to traveling, well traveling with a companion that is. Right now me and my road dog have decided to split ways and I honestly believe it's for the best. I have never hitch hiked or been homeless by my lonesome and I'm anxious as to how it will all pan out. Right now I'm in Redding and I have to make it to LA by the 21st of March to play a show, so I have some time to kill. I could leave whenever and I could even get a ride share. I dunno, maybe I delay my departure because I'm worried about what's out there. Am I still alive because I have been traveling in a pack? Or is it because truly inside I am strong and need to realize that about myself.

As of right now I'm dicking around California and Oregon and hoping to head to the south and see where things go. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Jaguwar and Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I'll let the more experienced travelers chime in here - but wanted to welcome you here. :) Welcome and good luck on the travels!

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
is it because truly inside I am strong and need to realize that about myself.

Yes, and even more so because the world isn't half as dangerous as people have been led to believe. Time to get your ass out there and climb over that mental hump.

J

Johnny P

I travel solo most of te time. It's nice. Can do wht you want when you want...no bickering on what to do now. Easier to get rides. Don't have to share kickdowns. So many benifets to traveling solo. It is good for your head to be alone too

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
my advice would be to make your way out to the 101 and hitch down that to the 1 and LA. it's waaaaay more fun than hitching the 5 (and easier to get rides!).

Maxx Power

Reaction score
my advice would be to make your way out to the 101 and hitch down that to the 1 and LA. it's waaaaay more fun than hitching the 5 (and easier to get rides!).
How do I get to the 101 from the 5?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You're in Redding. Hwy 299 goes to the 101 via weaverville/willow creek. Easy road to hitch

exactly. it's not science rocket ::wtf::

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads