Tired of staying in one place

itsallnangs

Reaction score
Hey, my name is John im 19 and I live in orange California. I've been here for pretty much my whole life but I was born in Colorado. I do this thing like once a year where I just say fuck it and hop in my car and drive halfway across the country. I dropped out of college and I dont work at the moment but my parents are willing to let me stay at the house until I get my feet off the ground. I'v been thinking about getting on the road without a car this time and seeing where it leads me. I cant stand staying in one area for very long and I dont have any desire to have a job and live with creature comforts so I think hitchhiking would be a good thing for me and maybe eventually riding the rails. I'm an anarchist so this type of lifestyle appeals to me as a way to dissconect from modern capitalism in a way. I've been reading alot of stuff online but i know the only way to actually learn is to do it. I'm looking forward to get on the road and this site seems like a great resource.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey there - welcome to STP. I'll wait for other people to chime in but do - do research on here and other places on internet on traveling - but we do have a lot of info here though. Decide how you want to travel, equipment you need to get, etc.

And keep in contact with the people (parents, etc) who have your original ID's etc if you are not traveling with them. Talk to them as well to keep them aware of where you are.

And ID's - sooo important - and not too hard to replace - just need an addy to have them delivered. To get mailed money (western union etc), food stamps (SNAP, etc), picking up stuff someone may have mailed to you to that post office to your name @ General Delivery (pre-set up by you with that post office).

So this is my input - I'm sure you will have other very wise input. If you decide to travel - research and be safe - and also enjoy life.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads