Tired of doing everything myself; need a compadre | Squat the Planet

Tired of doing everything myself; need a compadre

Xandra

Reaction score
Got tired of traveling and settled on the west coast of British Columbia (for now).
I live on a little island with no towns and it would be nice to have someone to talk to as I'm completely off grid without even a generator right now. If you like sailboats, temperate rainforest, harvesting oysters, copper smithing, homesteading, growing poppies, and books- let's be friends. Deal breakers are overly pc bullshit, new age bullshit, 2punx4u bullshit, and clueless bullshit.
I don't care if you're male or female, I like dogs, I like good times. I'm pretty caught up in my head and always designing or making stuff.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately I am not really a traveler yet... and not so free until I calculate my break.... and I am definitely clueless...
But I like your post. Hope you find company. Peace.

Reactions: Xandra

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
I'm currently planning on travelling, but your offer is pretty interesting!! I'll keep it in mind if my plans don't work out that well

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Nice to meet you - hope you get some companionship!

Reactions: Xandra

sara aranha

Reaction score
Hey dear Xandra,
did you find anyone already?
Actually I'm preparing to work as a volunnteer through WWOOF but not that far, at least for now, specially for money reasons. I am preparing to go to Denmark for a while. ;)
I wish you all the luck for your looking. * Warm hugs from the sunny Lisbon

Kal

Reaction score
Your own island that's kind of cool. Hope you find a friend you can trust.

zapporra

Reaction score
Hey! I'm not traveling at the moment, but perhaps we'll meet when I get back on the road. I'm considering setting up a homebase somewhere in the rainforests of the Northwest and love the idea of living close to the land of the area. What are you up to these days?

Xandra

Reaction score
Here's some more info. It is not my own island; it just a private boat access only island. There's even a little school which is on the other end. (5 miles or so) I have neighbours..but they aren't really that close. And no, so far no one has nothing better to do than live in a rural area with me. haha. If you have Canadian or west coast buds pass this along. Everyone I know sucks balls and is either working a day job or too traincore to forest.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't feel like I belong anywhere... and I feel blessed.
Real fucking lucky baby.::cigar::
It's a damn great coincidence in this life that I was born to...
I don't see nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, piercings, tattoos, disabilities, and phobias... weird hermits or cat lady obsessions, skinny, fat, cheerful, angry resentful blues... everyone of us searching for clues...
I don't care if your spiritual or atheist... agnostic or a train enthusiast.
I'm a fucking human being.
And so are you.
Now... if we cross paths... I will approach you with every benefit of the doubt.
So just remember slow down your judgment and consider your reaction may be friendship... or distance.
Lets be friends... and fuck prejudice... that divides us and creates false resistance.

I just... wrote this... in a mood with a bit of attitude... but I just want... us to fall in peace.
And now my lyrical prose shall cease...
For a drunk cannot find ease in a paragraph... of prose released.

::drinkingbuddy::

PS:... Mayhap the woods... be a good place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Howdy Xandra:
I know this comes kinda' late, but I'd be interested.
I'm pretty much on the same Wavelength you've described.
Send me a message.

Got tired of traveling and settled on the west coast of British Columbia (for now).
I live on a little island with no towns and it would be nice to have someone to talk to as I'm completely off grid without even a generator right now. If you like sailboats, temperate rainforest, harvesting oysters, copper smithing, homesteading, growing poppies, and books- let's be friends. Deal breakers are overly pc bullshit, new age bullshit, 2punx4u bullshit, and clueless bullshit.
I don't care if you're male or female, I like dogs, I like good times. I'm pretty caught up in my head and always designing or making stuff.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
@James Maarsten and @AlexFrost91 , this is a pretty old thread and the OP hasn't logged in quite some time, 2015 to be precise. Unfortunately they more than likely won't respond to your questions. Don't let it getcha down though!

I'm sure someone on the forums will be able to give you answers or are interested in a similar living set up. Instead of necroposting this thread why not start a new one?

Reactions: MolotovMocktail

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads