Tick Twister - little tool that removes ticks (1 Viewer)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Hometown
Rochester, NY
Thought this was rather interesting - looks like they are $5. I'm going to keep my eye out for one. I've never had a tick - but my brother's did every Summer when we were camping in the adirondacks. There a vid at the link that shows how easy it is. Heh - looks like they had several volunteers to get a tick to bite and then use the tick twister on them. Basically you slide the v-shaped tool around the tick and rotate.

hooks_nlall.jpg

You need Tick Twister®!

There are a number of different types of tick found in the USA including the Wood tick, Dog tick, Relapsing fever tick, Pajaroello tick, Deer tick, Black-legged tick and the Lone star tick. Tick Twister® is THE most efficient set of tick removal tools for removing ticks, any location on people and animals such as dogs, cats and horses:

• without leaving the mouth-parts of the tick implanted in the skin
  • without compressing the abdomen of the tick, minimizing the transfer of infectious agents (Lyme disease, Babesiosis, etc.)
  • without ether or other products
  • in a few seconds, without pain

http://www.ticktwister.com/index.html

Last edited:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

roguetrader

Wanderer
Hometown
Exeter, United Kingdom
my buddy Steff could have done with one of these a couple years ago.... he was with a crew of people putting on a free party (rave) on Dartmoor in SW England ; his role for the evening was searching the local area for wood to keep the fire going. As the sun came up he began to notice that he was absolutely covered in sheep ticks - friends took him to hospital to get them all off hygienically... they took over 120 of the little fuckers off him, surprised he had any blood left... oh and he was tripping on liquid acid throughout all this !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

back in FL 4 da 3rd time til I head 2 Colorado
Hey folks, we've opened up a new thread to discuss organizing this year's jamboree in the san juan islands! You should throw in your two cents! https://squattheplanet.com/fest
returning refreshed, refurbished and re-treaded ... om back what did i miss?
Offline for a short stint. Be back soon.
NOLA anybody? i got wheels. thinking about getting something to drink and marking some trains
Oddman wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
Nice picture, on the Wikipedia "hobo" page... I was working on that page a little, a few weeks ago. It's a total mess and I just scratched the surface, but I keep watching and hoping someone else will improve it. That photo improves it for sure. Wish I knew enough about hobo history to write something decent there.
Got a new pad in CinCinNasty , anyone passing nearby hit me up. Got a couch and brews
.and smoke if that's your thing.
el Pasooooo.... here I AM. Sticken out like a white girl in mexico haha. Hitchen to white sands in a couple days oo baybeh ~ who's out here?
Still learning how this werkz lol
gonna be in pismo/san luis for a few days i need some rest before getting back on the highway

Members online