Thoughts on Webbing as a backpack? | Squat the Planet

Thoughts on Webbing as a backpack?

ayron

Reaction score
Hey im looking for a nice pack to fit my gear and webbing keeps crawling up into my brian (probably becuase its fucking cool) but im just curious if anyone has had any experiances that might sway my decision, good or bad.
range_master_assault_vest_dpm_front.jpg

[ ^ not this excatly ^ ]

M

mittens

This post seems a little old so you may have already made your decision. I was in the store shopping for a new pack when I saw some webbing and had the same thoughts. I think that weight and maneuverability would be great. you could also customize it to suit your specific needs very nicely.

But for me the webbing that they had in store just looked like it would be a pain in the ass to deal with. what they had just didn't suit my needs, I guess. it would have been kind of all over the place and after i bought all the pouches to go with it, it was just cheaper and easier to go with a rucksack. I also figured that it would be a little "to much". I had visions of a man waring a balaclava standing in the entrance of Walmart waving an AK-47 over his head, screaming "death to the infidels", and figured that I would probably be met with the same reaction if I walked into town fully decked out in webbing.

what you show here looks better then what I was looking at in store, though. I think that webbing would be easier to stow and hide in some bushes then a backpack would be. all you really need a pack for, is to carry your shit while your on the move, right. I think it really depends on what your needs are, and what you want to deal with.

ayron

Reaction score
yeah totaly, i ended up going with a pack. i think the main problem with the webbing is that it is rather specific and more importantly big stuff you may want to carry once in a back is out of the question. but then again its all about how you want to go about travelling. if the goal is to relitivly always be on the move, it would be fucking rad. but if your hanging out much and doing other stuff who knows. im glad i stumbled on this post again, its really getting me thinking haha. i think generally speaking, if your more of a drifter without attachment, meaning that doesint like to keep stuff but essentials like the occasional book and so on its perfect. so yeah what your needs and wants are. hehe a jihad infront of wallmart mmmmm, buddy brought that up to, they look pretty intense...i think im gonna get one for kicks and travel round with one and see what its like n post my experience with it.

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
I know this is kinda old and you already figured it out but I figured I'd chime in if anyone else is thinking about it. I've used webbing before. Its good for short treks and exploring. You can carry tools, some food, smokes and a few beers in it.
It wasn't actually designed to be used on its own. Its for shit you need to get access to quick. (ammo, grenades, etc.) The reason the back is just thin material or nothing at all is so you can put a pack on and/or fit easy over body armor.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads