Website Updates The website has a new IP address

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Along with rebuilding the server, I went ahead and moved the website over to a new IP address today. The reason for this is that our website hosting (Linode) gave us an IP address that had been flagged by IP Proof point, and it took me a few months to notice there was an issue. IP Proof Point is a dick bag of a company that blocks traffic from 'spam' websites and blacklisted IP addresses. Mostly, they block emails and other traffic for Apple users. So if you have an apple device, you probably weren't getting email notifications from us for the past few months.

It's damn near impossible to get off their black list without literally calling them every day and threatening them with legal action, no matter how many official requests you file (they probably just throw them in the trash without reading them). I've had this same issue with another company I worked for, so I knew what was up pretty quickly and rather than go through months of begging them to un-blacklist our IP address, I just moved the site over to a new (verified un-flagged) IP address.

So, long story short, hopefully those of you with apple/mac devices (eww) should be able to use StP in its full capacity once again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads