• Hey folks, we've recently updated the forum software and are in the middle of getting everything back in place. I hope to have everything back online soon!

the original Leatherman

Current Location
western mass
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
new-History_Leatherman_Page126.jpg

(a person, not a tool.)
i've been reading what little there is about this historical character lately - no one really knows who he was, except apparently he spoke french, wore one suit of diy leather clothes all the time, and spent decades in the latter 19th century walking a loop between the connecticut and hudson rivers. people seem to have liked him and he survives in folklore and the locations of caves he's known to have stayed in along his route. i have half an idea to try and retrace his route this summer.

https://patch.com/connecticut/southington/the-leatherman-legendary-vagabond-of-connecticut-8ea608d3

or just search "leatherman vagabond"

Similar threads

Latest Status Updates

Greyhound is such a shit show!
Its pretty scary having my prosthetic equipment falling apart this far into nowhere but after a few hours of working on it, I should be okay... Never take anything for granted folks.
Love getting off a 10 hour shift to discover that my GF ditched me to get blackout drunk. cool. good thing its pay day herr i come pool table. an rum...help me forget!
Got to North Platte about 4:30 this mornin, made it out the yard & it started rainin cats & dogs. Had to pitch my tent in a field on 30, just to wake up, take it down, and walk the 5 miles into town. I need a beer
Does anybody know of any rewild tribes or something as such
Im back. EEW! Wtf. Gotta get outta here!
Picked up a new bike today, '95ish specialized sirrus. rad ride for commuting an grocery gathering. Frame is a tad small tho ..womps
made some improvements to the 'what's new' page, 50 posts per page, got rid of the latest library items block, and increased latest profile posts to 20 (from 5).
Please enter a valid message.
squatterchad wrote on solvablejunk's profile.
Went to pick her up and she flaked out