the original Leatherman

Current Location
western mass
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
new-History_Leatherman_Page126.jpg

(a person, not a tool.)
i've been reading what little there is about this historical character lately - no one really knows who he was, except apparently he spoke french, wore one suit of diy leather clothes all the time, and spent decades in the latter 19th century walking a loop between the connecticut and hudson rivers. people seem to have liked him and he survives in folklore and the locations of caves he's known to have stayed in along his route. i have half an idea to try and retrace his route this summer.

https://patch.com/connecticut/southington/the-leatherman-legendary-vagabond-of-connecticut-8ea608d3

or just search "leatherman vagabond"

Similar threads

Latest Status Updates

Couple more days on the mountain and then gonna check out some more Colorado.
Matt Derrick wrote on bandit's profile.
nice background pic!
I am aware of the graphical glitches at the top of the website and am working on getting it fixed.
Taking my son out for his first real camping trip today! Then rolling out to wherever next week.
corn pads dopnt work, podiatrists cost heaps $$$, corns, the tramps curse( that and finding a place to charge your fone)
Went to a nude beach on the Columbia river and bar hopped with @Geraldo! What a great way to spend a Tuesday. Now I'm spending the day resting in the parking lot of dope truck stop that has a karaoke bar in it. Life fucking rules.
Well the latest software update really fucked up some shit at the top of the site. *sigh* great, more work for me to do...
Me and a crew of 8 Polish musicians and artists hitting the Canary Islands on December 1st
Whoever feels like tagging along please do!
my pack's full of paydays
Sorry folks, a software update today went bad, and I had to restore from a backup. Posts made from 6am to 12pm PST today were unfortunately lost.
Top Bottom