Website Updates - The new website design is now live! | Squat the Planet

Website Updates The new website design is now live!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You're now looking at the new website design I've been working on for the past 3-4 weeks now. Like most of the new additions to StP recently, this new layout is designed to be more mobile friendly, and hopefully easier to navigate for everyone. I'm sure it hasn't escaped you that I've changed the main color scheme from green/black to blue/black; this is just one of the many color options that will be available soon. I plan on doing most of the major colors from orange/black to red/black and yes, even the original green/black, which will be the default. This way folks can choose which color scheme they want to use. For now though, the blue/black is first to be finished, the other colors will be available in a few days.

It's taken me weeks to get this far, and there are definitely some bugs in the design. I'm working on smoothing all of them out, but definitely let me know if you notice anything not looking like it should.

Also, you might notice some new navigation options. I will be explaining these in more detail in my next blog post. In the meantime, let me know what you think of the new design, okay?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wasn't sure what website I was on there for a moment. Drastic changes. I do think this may be more user friendly once people get used to it. It feels familiar, like I recognize some elements from other forums. Going with the grain in that sense, I think is best. It's like phone chargers right. Remember like 15 years ago when everyone had a different type, how inconvenient that was. Now we mostly all share the same type. Kinda feels like that in a way. Haven't been on long enough to notice any bugs really. I did notice I no longer have a banner on my profile which is maybe a bug? I'm on a PC using Opera. Also, I miss the "featured threads by this user" on people's profiles. Is there any way we can work that into the "more options" drop down menu on people's profiles? Something I also would love to see is the ability to filter someone's entire history by categories such as; Featured Posts, Posts, Comments, Images.. ideally with the option to sort any of those by how they're rated? Very similar to how you can view a persons history on Reddit. Just ideas.

Also, I just tried liking your post and it isn't working.

Reactions: Colinleath

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
STP size.png

Something wonky about the size fit. Notice the edges.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
View attachment 66435

Something wonky about the size fit. Notice the edges.
i assume you mean the breadcrumb links background? noted, i'll add that to my list of things to fix, shouldn't be too hard.

on a side note.... opera? OPERA?! ewwww haha you should try brave or firefox, opera sells all your infoz

also, are you on a tablet? that screen size is a bit unusual. also your copy of windows isn't activated... didn't i help you do that a while back?

• Haha
Reactions: EphemeralStick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I did notice I no longer have a banner on my profile which is maybe a bug?

do you have the option to upload a new banner on your profile or not at all? i'm looking into that.

Also, I just tried liking your post and it isn't working.

do you get an error? what's not working?

Also, I miss the "featured threads by this user" on people's profiles. Is there any way we can work that into the "more options" drop down menu on people's profiles? Something I also would love to see is the ability to filter someone's entire history by categories such as; Featured Posts, Posts, Comments, Images.. ideally with the option to sort any of those by how they're rated? Very similar to how you can view a persons history on Reddit.

i will add all of those to my list of to-do's, those are good ideas i'd like to see as well and i think i have a way to make it work.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The like not working seems to have resolved itself, as it's showing up now. Maybe it was just.. lagging or something idk. Option to upload new banner exists.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads