The N-Bomb | Squat the Planet

The N-Bomb

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com
Hello,
My names Sydney and I am an African American who just happens to be apart of this culture. I have lots of culturaly diverse people in my life. I have many racially diverse people in my family. I did a lil travelin' in my teens and I still see my traveling buddies and meet loads of new kids very often. I'v overheard lots of kids using the "N" word, and I don't mean "Nigga" I mean "Ni**er"..... Let me remind you, I am a black woman from Nashville, TN. I take great offense to this and would like some kind of explanation. What really gets me down about all of this is kids trying to justify the use of the word with phrases like "There's a Ni**er in every race.", or "It just means ignorant person.". To top it all off, some of these kids are wearing DK t-shirts and Nuasea or Leftover Crack patches. These kids often have dread locks and so much dirt on their faces they almost look black themselves, lol. I"m just tierd of meeting ignorant punx that think it's socially acceptable to drop the N-Bomb within inches of a southern black girls ear buds. It IS RACIST, there is NO EXCUSE! If you dare to disagree, please step up and explain yourself you facist..... To all my knowledgable kids out there that respect other human beings, stay true and keep the true spirit of punk rock goin... to the rest of you... DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, AND READ A LIL MORE. STUDY SOME MOTHERFUCKING HISTORY.

Cheers,
Sydney... "Sunny War"

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on the matter ( I hope I'm not auto-discredited due to being white).

People are animals and some of them will not respect you right off the bat. Do you think flipping out over the word "nigger" is going to stop them from that, though? One of my favorite examples of this was a black motocross racer in the south. Someone said, "we don't race niggers here." The black family's response: "good, because we're just here to race motocross."

People need to see people as people, not as black or white or gay people but just people.

Reactions: MxEx

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
EDIT: didn't read the CXR1037 post, would have just quoted it but here you go, my piece of mind...

Why does wearing a DK etc patch subject you to be racially tollerant etc? Praise the lord cause im a sinner (joking) but im most racially/religious/etc intollerant/xenophobic little fuck you gonna meet just because it gets people angry. The more angry you'll get the more trolls such as me you will encounter... go figure

Last edited by a moderator:

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
I agree that we shouldn't use hate-speech and buzz-words to define some nebulous "other" as an object of hate.
So, with that in mind, who are you talking about when you say "sheep"?

Reactions: Sydney

acrata4ever

Reaction score
i dont use it, and when people do i say something. even if they feel "theyve earned the right" i dont care if im hit i say something. jews and irish immigrants were once called white N. i dont like the word sand N. i have a mixed family mostly arabic looking/latin american and i dont like the name calling or the dirty looks i get from white people. recently i heard a native american use the word prairie N. i said something. and im going to keep saying something. this catch all insult of servitude has to end. what really pisses me off is wherever you go the world is a layer cake. with the chocolate on the bottom, coffee in the middle and the cream on top, and it makes me sick. i really hate this idea of lighter skin has its privleges. i heard an indian woman say "well im very light skinned for an indian". jamaican women say this too. i say something. and to this this goes back to a caveman mentality of day good night scary... its sickening, really makes me sick. fight the good fight, peace!

Reactions: dprogram and Sydney

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com
i dont use it, and when people do i say something. even if they feel "theyve earned the right" i dont care if im hit i say something. jews and irish immigrants were once called white N. i dont like the word sand N. i have a mixed family mostly arabic looking/latin american and i dont like the name calling or the dirty looks i get from white people. recently i heard a native american use the word prairie N. i said something. and im going to keep saying something. this catch all insult of servitude has to end. what really pisses me off is wherever you go the world is a layer cake. with the chocolate on the bottom, coffee in the middle and the cream on top, and it makes me sick. i really hate this idea of lighter skin has its privleges. i heard an indian woman say "well im very light skinned for an indian". jamaican women say this too. i say something. and to this this goes back to a caveman mentality of day good night scary... its sickening, really makes me sick. fight the good fight, peace!
this was more the answer I was looking for!

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com
Okay so I grew up around alot of SHARPS, ARA and the sort

I can try to put myself in your shoes, but my imagination is pretty limited due to me being white.
I also find myself stuck on the fence on alot of issues, this being one of them.

I think its bullshit there are words out there that are as oppressive, and mood changing as the word nigger. I believe this word only serves to oppress, but alot of kids dont see this and use the word mainly for shock value, most of them never mean to infer anything in particular. Just ignorant to the fact that it was a word created by white people to use towards their 'property'.

But I also think its bullshit me and my friends going around, and beating the shit out of these kids who dont know any better because the way they were raised, influenced by peers, etc.

Alot of these kids dont know any better, and had no idea really, why we were fighting them. So what do they naturally do? fight back. I found alot of what we did was reinforce (i dunno if this is the right word) what these kids believed, and brought them together. This same thing ive seen happen in alot of other bigger cities at least in canada. Granted, I feel as if there are less and less in my city (maybe just due to growing up, or lying low due to scrutiny, and thus still continuing this cycle), but none the less, I find a bunch of these ARA, SHARP groups worse because they are physically opressing people and not constructively making the situation any better.

Anger, I dont believe will ever be able to squash racism, or any type of prejudice.

I do believe in debates and having "big boy" discussions, and I feel they work better then violence, or hostility. Ive definitely changed more minds this way (or at the very least they held an open mind for the length of the conversation) than I think I ever did using violence.

"and I don't mean "Nigga" I mean "Ni**er"....."
Theres a difference?

"If you dare to disagree, please step up and explain yourself you facist."
I also think the poster of this thread needs to give her head a shake. That statement (along with others) makes you look uneducated.

I dont believe someone can ever be part of the solution if you cant talk with a level head. No one ever listens to people who are yelling, talking with anger, or straight up talking at them. If people want to make a difference educate, have discussions, teach these kids a bit of empathy

Fuck, I kinda went off on a tangent, sorry, im just gunna post what I have
I just know some real gansta, thugly motherfuckers who listen to mad hip hop and talk like boys from oakland. Nigga not bad if your just gangsta, lol. The "ga" and the "ger" make a huge difference, and don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
I have a great time playing the "dumb limey" when I go the US.
One of my favourite pastimes is to act like I don't know what racist and homophobic terms mean and ask the person, full of faux naivity, 'What does that word mean?'
I find it quite entertaining to watch someone growing increasingly more embarrassed by their own bigotry as they explain to you why they chose to use the word. It's non-confrontational and tends to catch them off-guard.

NB: This approach doesn't work with proper extremists like neo-nazis or cops.

Reactions: mylon

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com

bryanpaul

Reaction score
yeah i feel like a jerk alot of times.... ive used that word lightly in the past.... not necessarily in a racist context, usually mocking rednecks and whatnot...or being the obnoxious immature drunk idiot who tries to purposefully offend people ....but yeah...too much badness attached to that, might be some inside joke between you and your freinds that doesnt even involve race...but what happens when the lil 7 year old afr. american kid right up the street hears your(my) drunk ass blurt it out....yeah,......i definitely dont use that word anymore........i dunno.....sorry sydney cuz at one time i was probably that drunk idiot who blurted out the n-word actin stoopid :(..............and folks who say "oh, it doesnt necessarilly refer to african americans......it means ignorant...." ....thats a buncha BS for sure, yeah read a history book...derogotory word.....the worst is little kids growing up hearing daddy say "ni**** this, and n*****that" seriously fucked up...... ...... anyway thanks for puttin this out here...

Reactions: Gudj

DownandOut

Reaction score
I'm not an ignorant punk, and neither are any of my friends.
In my opinion if you're under the age of 40 and don't think you're an ignorant punk you're just a stupid asshole. Just my opinion don't mean nothin. I don't agree with dropping the N bomb and I'd guess that the folks who were saying it around you were trying to impress you with their lack of caring about the word. This is annoying Sydney you're right assholes use the word but they're just young assholes who are figuring life out, get over it.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
its a word. you give it all the power it has.
thats BS......you might not give much power to it...but what happens when an old lady who lived through the civil rights era hears you say it.....or a little kid.......or what happens when your walkin by sydney while she's busking and you say it........ that term is a artifact from some horrible shit in the past....it oughta be buried and forgotten along with the shit it represents

Reactions: Vonuist
K

katbastard

nigger and nigga are the same thing, taking words "back" is bullshit. thats like me calling my jewish friends kike, being half a jew, as i am, or all jewish, does not make it ok to call other jewish people kike. every time i hear people use the term nigga it sets them back in my head a bunch. it pisses me off to see douche bag kids at rainbow gathering making large swastika in the dirt who are not Hindu, drinking and making shit to piss people off. i do not have an anti-swastika tattooed on my neck cuz i like DK. so OP if you wish to empower your self and your "race" ask your black friends, the thugly ones, to make up a new word to call them self. and as for any kind of other "race" using the word nigga, or nigger, makes you a racist in my eyes.
oh yeah, fuck punk rock.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads