The Journey is the Destination (and other corny maxims)

easzq8

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been on the road only seven months. I was using a car until 3 months ago. Been on foot since. I have been hitchhiking and bussing back west of late, and I'm looking to learn the ropes of responsible freight hopping.
I am a spray paint artist and an ascetic. To me, being out here is training so that I may be more effective at saying what people need to hear and to reflect well on alternative ways of living. Therein lies the point; we need not depend on an arbitrary, non-representational system in order to survive but changing what we have requires a great number of people saying "no".
Until then I just keep bopping along.

-Easzq8

easzq8

Reaction score
good for you man! im a aspireing artist too and would hope to cross paths with the likes of you someday. heading to cali, most likely slab city.

Trying to dig up my road dog, but having difficulty. If we miss each other I might just try my luck in Cali for a spell

E

Earth

the journey being the destination, that's pretty deep....
Im finding that with me, my destination is my journey.
Huge difference considering a simple switch of words ..
Strange how now each day I discover something brand new where I've been at now for the last twenty, twenty five years now....
Good luck in your travels!!

easzq8

Reaction score
The road provides a view of the world that modernity has taken from us as a society. Time spent wandering in a seemingly aimless manner is difficult to those who have work and costs. This aimless walking allows for walking 'towards' instead of 'to' which means anything that calls to you can be communicated with and explored.
One of the other perks is that you often only have yourself to keep you company which means you will have to get to know yourself rather well in order to manage. Of course the people of 'culture' will let you know what they think of your occupation almost despite themselves, so float above it. Nothing shakes things up like being the example of the luxury of independent living.

"all things exist, we only remember"

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads