The Hoverglide backpack looks straight out of a scifi movie | Squat the Planet

The Hoverglide backpack looks straight out of a scifi movie

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

So what I gather from doing no research and just watching the video clip is that this basically puts a gimbal system on your backpack similar to what cameras use for smoothing out video. If what they claim is true, we could be in for a whole new kind of backpack that reduces stress on the body by up to 80%.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looks interesting... I wish they had done like a power-point presentation showing the actual physics of the bag instead of just some fancy camera shots of it bouncing and running.

I'll try look it up more later.

• Agree
Reactions: croc

r3yn

Reaction score
Like the commenters on Reddit, I think this pack will weigh too much with such a complex system. Anyway, when I ruck-up, I can fit all my shit into a 3-day assault pack -- if your pack is too much, get rid of some shit. Don't add more shit.

This contraption is like something Billy Mays would sell on late night infomercials.

Billy Mays.jpg

"HI! BILLY MAYS HERE! HAVE YOU NOT HEARD ABOUT THE INCREDIBLE, BOUNCING, LOAD-LIGHTENING POWER OF THE AMAZING NEW FLOATING BACKPACK???!!! WELL IT'S TIME TO GET OUT OF LAST CENTURY, AND INTO THE FUTURE!"

MFB

Reaction score
Like the commenters on Reddit, I think this pack will weigh too much with such a complex system.
I couldnt find the specs on it but I'm sure the materials used for the mechanisms are very light.

My concern would be durability; as complicated is always more expensive and time consuming to fix than simple. Once that mechanism that allows the wieght to shift gets wonky on its runners, the pack may be useless?
Think about automatic car windows VS manual. Ones a $200 dollar fix, one's a $5 dollar fix.

• Epic
Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Like the commenters on Reddit, I think this pack will weigh too much with such a complex system

okay... I been a n outlier and did not know this... or maybe did not get it... this site is cohabitating with reddit... well ... I guess all the internet is doing that by now... so just now getting that is stupid....

haha... funny How I try to keep it simple. good luck.

EDIT

Think about automatic car windows VS manual. Ones a $200 dollar fix, one's a $5 dollar fix.

This... this... I wanted to say I love this. Ha.... fucking world. TM*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MFB

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So what I gather from doing no research and just watching the video clip is that this basically puts a gimbal system on your backpack similar to what cameras use for smoothing out video. If what they claim is true, we could be in for a whole new kind of backpack that reduces stress on the body by up to 80%.

Ehhh.... I started to babble inchoeriently in this post so I edited it... drinking is a fine line ha.

See that is the part I need to understand more... the way that gimble system works.
I should look that up.

Last edited:

r3yn

Reaction score
okay... I been a n outlier and did not know this... or maybe did not get it... this site is cohabitating with reddit... well ... I guess all the internet is doing that by now... so just now getting that is stupid....

haha... funny How I try to keep it simple. good luck.

Confused Nick.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads