Read This First! The General Banter section is now locked, no new threads will be allowed.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, I am reluctantly locking the General Banter section of the forums for now. The reason for this is that I've kind of let it get abused for far too long, and there's just been way, way too many people posting threads in this section instead of taking the time to post their thread in a place that is most relevant to the subject matter of that discussion.

To be clear, you can reply to threads in this area, but you cannot create new threads in this section, for now.

There are just under three thousand threads here that need to be sorted into other categories and it's just going to get worse unless I block posting here.

Part of why this is necessary is because I am preparing the StP website for the move to new software that will be largely tag based rather than organized by category; in the end, this should make it easier for YOU to find the info you're looking for, but it will be a long, painful process of recategorization on my (and any volunteers) part.

In the meantime, please find a category that most appropriately fits the topic you wish to discuss.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads