Read This First! The 2023 Dirty Scouts Jamboree -- Sept 11th-13th, Cle Elum, WA Area

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, based on our previous discussion threads and community polls, we've decided that this year's Dirty Scouts Jamboree will be on:

September 11th-13th, 2023

Since I need to be in the Cle Elum, WA area during this time for some family events during the same time, we'll be gathering in the Cle Elum, WA area, or somewhere near there. I will be announcing the exact coordinates sometime around the 1st-3rd of August. Please watch this thread for updates! The exact coordinates are:

TBA

In order to facilitate as many people being able to attend as possible, we will be meeting up on Monday, September 11th, 2023 at Jimi Hendrix Park in Seattle to give rides to anyone that might need one:

I will have at least one car available to pick folks up with and drop back off on the 13th/14th, but I believe other vehicles will have a few seats available as well.

Expected activities will be camping, swimming, playing music, drinking and swapping stories, so bring your instruments if you have them. A group trip to some urban exploration spots or nature hikes will be likely :)

Additional ideas for activities are welcome, please make suggestions in this thread.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Oh, and @jimi made this great little temporary flyer for folks to pass around:

stpjambo2023 design 1cropped.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Also of note is that the Punx in the Woods folks are having their shindig around the same area a week before the jambo, so if you're interested in hitting that up (I will be there as well) and then coming out to the Jambo a week later, you can get more info here:

vajrabond

Reaction score
Also of note is that the Punx in the Woods folks are having their shindig around the same area a week before the jambo, so if you're interested in hitting that up (I will be there as well) and then coming out to the Jambo a week later, you can get more info here:

I have no idea who any of those bands are, but it sounds like a fun event.

Spazz

Reaction score
I'm really hoping to make it this year. I've been rubber tramping for three years now, spent a winter in Quartzsite, joined a caravan in Nevada, experienced my first tire blowout by the side of the road, and generally feel a lot less like a pathetic old lady dreaming of
reliving a misspent youth.

Thank you for listening and supporting me through this transition for the past five years. This is going to be fun.

Daisy

Reaction score
Unfortunately with the move to Michigan I will not be able to attend the jambo, I hope y'all have a wonderful time!

happy hobo

Reaction score
Hey folks, based on our previous discussion threads and community polls, we've decided that this year's Dirty Scouts Jamboree will be on:

September 11th-13th, 2023

Since I need to be in the Cle Elum, WA area during this time for some family events during the same time, we'll be gathering in the Cle Elum, WA area, or somewhere near there. I will be announcing the exact coordinates sometime around the 1st-3rd of August. Please watch this thread for updates! The exact coordinates are:

TBA

In order to facilitate as many people being able to attend as possible, we will be meeting up on Monday, September 11th, 2023 at Jimi Hendrix Park in Seattle to give rides to anyone that might need one:

I will have at least one car available to pick folks up with and drop back off on the 13th/14th, but I believe other vehicles will have a few seats available as well.

Expected activities will be camping, swimming, playing music, drinking and swapping stories, so bring your instruments if you have them. A group trip to some urban exploration spots or nature hikes will be likely :)

Additional ideas for activities are welcome, please make suggestions in this thread.

I expect to be there, looking forward to it! Will also offer to transport one person to/from Hendrix park if ya don't mind riding in my ol' hoopty Hazel.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I may try and go. And besides, I've been wanting to go hunt for some Ellensburg blue agate for awhile.

People should check for road closures due to wildfires, wherever they are coming from. I was just in eastern Washington/Idaho/Montana this past week and there are a lot of fires again. The whole state of Washington is smokey right now :(

Reactions: Jerrell

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So it pains me to say that due to a new job I'm starting the same week we planned this event, I won't be able to make it. This, combined with the website shutting down, makes me think we might need to cancel this year. But, if folks still want to meet up, I'm definitely not going to stop them. Another idea might be to have a camp at Punx in the Woods...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads