That Canadian kid from the Jamboree!

Drengor

Reaction score
Hey you crazy humans!

I'm Donald! The Jamboree was my first time meeting up with people on the road and I couldn't have asked for a better introduction!

I'm from Canada, Ottawa to be precise. That's just a bit North of New York and Vermont. It gets fucking cold up there for the Winter months (I'm talking a really warm day in Winter won't reach 0°f), so if I've got nothing better to do I pack my sleeping bag in my ruck and I head off for warmer roads. This fall I've been up and down lots of the States. It's a huge place though so I'll have to come back for sure.

I've been around by thumb a lot, but this is my first time doing it State-side. Earlier I've been through a dozen countries in Europe, along with India, Nepal, and of course Canada countless times. It's been different in some regards and similar in others. Still the same challenges and still the same great rewards!

When I'm settled I make my money as a photographer. I shoot weddings and concerts for money, and I shoot wildlife, starscapes, and aurora for myself. When I travel my big luxury item is my camera, and I take lots of photos of all the cool shit that happens on the road.

I got a few videos and photos of the Jamboree, so I'll be putting those up in a month-ish once I get to a computer.

Thanks for having me here, and I hope to see more of you on the road!

Donald

P.S.: 2017 is Canada's 150th aniversary, and to celebrate their waiving all entrance fees to national parks all year long! Now's the time to come check out some crazy pretty wilderness! You know I'll be doing that all year long!

Reactions: todd and wizehop

todd

Reaction score
i bet theres some beautiful parks up there

Drengor

Reaction score
There is! I've got a trip down on paper that hits 30 of the best ones. the goal this winter is to work my ass off for a van/bus and rubber tramp it across the country! might have room to pick up a few folks along the way!

Reactions: todd

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
<fresh from jamboree myself> :D Did I meet you? hehe I met so many people I lost track and sorry if I met you and man alive it was a good time! OK - yeah maybe I had too gooda time. :D

Soooo!!! Welcome unofficially - cause you got officially greeted by ... people - perhaps me? hehe Glad to have ya here and welcome!!

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
LOL - musta killed those Drengor/donald brain cells one of those nights hehe.

Wished I could have stayed longer but it was a quick in and out for me and fellow traveler (Creature) - had that travel back long day Monday (started at 4:30 am) and way too early job on Tuesday. Wished I could have spent more time with the people from here - more than a hug, handshake and a quick greeting of Hi I'm XX and I ask who you are on STP and reply of XXX. hehe and move on cause everything happened really quick times.

Perhaps next time :)

Archon Haz

Reaction score
What's up dude! would love to see your pics! Hopefully we can meet at some point, we didn't hang enough at the Jambo! Would love to hear some advise about travling Europe.

Stay safe!

- Vizion

Drengor

Reaction score
Aye Vizion, I'll have the pics and videos for everyone in November when I settle in for the winter. hitchhiking Europe's a breeeeze, still very much a part of accepted culture, and most people our age or city folk speak English all over.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads