thank you

trust

floating
Reaction score
good morning stp and thank you!! i'm nineteen years old, coming from southern ontario canada. i've been planning a trip across country with my best friend for some months now. my older brother is a crustie and i've always been inspired by the lifestyle, my mom was a crustie in her teens/early twenties, + i was raised surrounded by punk culture and have always found it a desirable way of life. sometimes you need a final kick to get you going, and in the two days that i've been browsing this site, i've found it to be exactly that.

this has, just in the short time i've been here, proven to be an invaluable resource to me and the people i've shared with, and for this I am saying thank you to the founders and the entire community. As bare bones and primitive the lifestyle is, you are all truly contributing to a cutting edge, foward-thinking movment that will only pick up pace as more and more people lose faith in what they have been told will support them and make them happy. When the rest of the world's systems collapse, this will still be here to guide the way and remind people of their potential and possibilities.

I don't have much to contribute right now, but I am sending a sincere thank you to all of you on behalf of myself and many others for the inspiration and wealth of information provided by you guys. I'm excited to get to know everyone and learn the ways of the road.

with love and humility,

-tr

Last edited:
K

Kim Chee

I don't have much to contribute right now, but I am sending a sincere thank you to all of you on behalf of myself and many others for the inspiration and wealth of information provided by you guys...

A pretty awesome intro is a great start for making a contribution:cool:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I agree @mmmmmmmichael - this is a great introduction. Welcome aboard @trdunn ... there is a lot of good info as well as great people here! Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 20

Welcome aboard! I now have a new hope for our next crop of traveler youth. It has taken me until this year (age 37) after many many mistakes to learn & understand the word humility. Reading a 19 year old using Humility in the closing of a letter/post makes me really optimistic for the direction our culture is moving in. Love & Humility is often missing on the road these days & usually hard to find in the rest of Humanity as well. People are genuinely good if you let them. I wish you all the best in your new life around STP and out on the road, Peace

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
Best intro ive ever read. Very well, i had got used to " hey im joe, but now im gonna be rail spike, can you guys walk me through hopping trains from orange county to nola so i can get there and say ive been riding 8 years, and tattoo my face? There is a train that goesnfrom the oc to new orleans right?" They dont word it guite like that but between the lines...…...
Anyways welcome we need more kids with a good head on their shoulders. But we can call you rail spike if u want.

Reactions: Blu

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome to STP and great intro.

trust

floating
Reaction score
thanks for all the positive feedback everyone, it means a lot

@wombatt i don't wanna get too ahead of myself, and i'm more than aware that my ambition outweighs my expertise, but the general plan was to leave early May, get out to BC and back to Quebec for Rockfest, which for some reason I thought was in July but happens to be in June.. really changes things.. haven't really figured out specifics yet, but we're "planning ahead" and recognize there will be many hiccups along the way, so we're not too dead set on anything yet. Will keep everyone posted as things start to get going!

@wrkrsunite + yeah dude, i've been looking for an aweeeesouume road name, i'll keep that one in mind! ahah, cheers

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads