Thank You and Goodbye for Now | Squat the Planet

Thank You and Goodbye for Now

A

AlwaysLost

When I first found this site, it was 100% certain that my wife was going to die and that I was going to be homeless.

I was terrified of being homeless yet again being surrounded by same 200 batshit twacked out homebums day after day.

But you all showed me that it could be turned into an adventure and what a bivvy bag was. I know I annoyed some of you to no end with my newbie questions but I cannot thank you all enough for your knowledge, kindness and support.

But my wife has miraculously recovered and decided that she needs me. She is my greatest adventure and even though I have no idea how much time we have left I have to help her.

A part of me is sad though having never made it more than 50 miles away via city bus.

I had just recently acquired a secret tome only given to a few worthy adventurers and had gathered up the courage to use it. (It took a lot of gathering).

I hope someday to hop onto the steel dragon and vagabond my way to the mighty Carhenge!! And I may still in a few months.

But for now I must sign off. Thank you all my fellow adventurers. May @Odin bless all of you and your adventures. Hopefully they will not be failed adventures like mine. But a failed adventure is better than no adventure.

Last edited:
A

AlwaysLost

Hey, I'm really glad to hear that about your wife!

Just because you won't be traveling right away doesn't mean you have to leave the site, there are still plenty of stories & such that will be on here.

I will try to stop in from time to time and see how my friends are doing! She takes up a lot of time. If you are ever in KC bro I wanna buy you a beer. thanks for everything!

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
Right on, Lost! Glad to hear your wife is on the mend, may your adventures continue. Hopefully, we will meet some day!

The eclispe that is coming later this summer will bring me out your way, so I will be sure to give you a shout.

Reactions: Shwillam

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
That's great news about your wife. I think a lot of us can think of a person that was in our lives that we wished had made a miraculous recovery. Hopefully it will all be for the best and you can finally adventure like you want later. Good luck to you going forward :)

A

AlwaysLost

Right on, Lost! Glad to hear your wife is on the mend, may your adventures continue. Hopefully, we will meet some day!

The eclispe that is coming later this summer will bring me out your way, so I will be sure to give you a shout.

That's great news about your wife. I think a lot of us can think of a person that was in our lives that we wished had made a miraculous recovery. Hopefully it will all be for the best and you can finally adventure like you want later. Good luck to you going forward :)
cheers man, best of luck. you and yer mr's take care of each other.
Fuck, had no idea what was going on. Best of luck and may you spend many more years with your wife

Thanks you guys let me know if you ever pass through KC!!

todd

Reaction score
every bit of time we have is a journey. I hope you enjoy yours

I remember chatting about how upset you were with all of this. I know using 'upset' is a major understatement as well. I couldn't be happier for you that she has recovered. Enjoy every second you can with her, time and life is very precious. She is your journey. I hope to hear from you on occasion. May the both of you take care!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Glad to hear about your wife! And also glad you plan on stopping in from time to time as well.

syrinyx

Reaction score
No idea the context for all this but as one who fits into the sick wife category I can't pass over this thread without letting you know how truly happy I am for the both of you. Soak up every single second you can and bask in its glory with awe and joy. Good luck to you and her and I hope your everyday journey is beautiful and full of laughter and wonder for many many years to come. Don't let a moment pass beside her without sheer gratitude!!! Hope the blessings keep rolling in for you guys and never stop. :')))

Reactions: todd

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sharing your days with someone special is one of the greatest adventures of all.

Glad you have good news bro n you can always drop by stp chat to say hello .

May Thor's hammar watch over you!

A

AlwaysLost

No idea the context for all this but as one who fits into the sick wife category I can't pass over this thread without letting you know how truly happy I am for the both of you. Soak up every single second you can and bask in its glory with awe and joy. Good luck to you and her and I hope your everyday journey is beautiful and full of laughter and wonder for many many years to come. Don't let a moment pass beside her without sheer gratitude!!! Hope the blessings keep rolling in for you guys and never stop. :')))

My prayers will be with you and your wife! I hope she recovers soon! Always be positive. You never know when something good can happen even when all hope is lost.

A

AlwaysLost

Well it was going great but I injured myself. I'm in super pain but since I won't die from the injury they won't do surgery. I love American healthcare lol. So I'm back. Thanks for all the kind words!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads