Tenerife, Canary Islands | Squat the Planet

Tenerife, Canary Islands

Whereamiwhatdoido

Reaction score
HI friends,

I am in the lucky occurence of going to Tenerife this weekend, I am travelling without money and have no idea of what I'm going to do on these paradise islands, except for maybe swimming in the sea a lot.

Do you know of great places to go, see, visit, camp, etc.? I'd really like to meet up with some hippie-like communities or even work, but there's 7 islands and if you have any information worth mentioning please share your knowledge.

Give all you have about these islands and let me know!

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
go to la caleta in tenerife, that's like the hippie's paradise, Rainbow gatherings happening all the time around there. lots of people living in huts and caves, dumpstering and wild edibles all around, right at the beach.

If you go to La Palma Island let me know, I lived there for over a year and can give you some advice.

good luck and enjoy the wintersummer :)

Whereamiwhatdoido

Reaction score
go to la caleta in tenerife, that's like the hippie's paradise, Rainbow gatherings happening all the time around there. lots of people living in huts and caves, dumpstering and wild edibles all around, right at the beach.

So magical as these islands are, this is where I actually ended up on my first day there, as I was going to sleep that first night the neighboring cave had lit up a bit and in a white night gown I was watching a woman figure cooking her evening meal. In the need of eating and the pleasantry of having a female companion I went to ask if she would cook for two. That first night we ended up on the outside of the cave enclaved in the sacred acts of bunny humping while the stars were watching and the sound of he waves echoed in the cliff summeting behind the cave their acknowledging and assuring sound of time and place.

Thank you for sharing the news though I didn't see until today that you had replied. La Caleta is quite a hip place and I might be forced to write an article entry, though I don't have any pictures as of now.

Reactions: Ignatius

Cameron Pagge

Reaction score
I really love going out and do some nature tripping so when my friends had a vacation last year on cannary island I didn't waste any opportunity to try climbing Roque Nublo a "must visit" in Gran Canaria may not be that challenging to climb if you are an expert and into extreme sports but the scenery that you can see from this route is absoultely unique. Well I'm the only one in the gang who's on to nature but theirs a lot more to do on Gran Canaria hope this could help.
And if you still have some extra time also try visiting Tamadaba national park https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/gran-canaria/

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft

Timothy Schmitz

Reaction score
2571-B Beata, Pandacan, Manila, 1011 Metro Manila,
This 2018, I plan to visit Europe and Spain. For my summer holiday, I'm looking at Tenerife or Gran Canaria.I came across this one article about he place here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/gran-canaria/things-to-do/ I've never been to either and apparently the beaches are fantastic as well as being suitably 'different' to make it interesting.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads