News & Blogs - Teen drives stolen uhaul across the country | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Teen drives stolen uhaul across the country

K

kokomojoe

http://exploreclarion.com/2015/07/0...try-apprehended-in-clarion-with-beer-in-hand/

One of my friends travelled with him and we partied when they came through.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 @ 01:07 AM
Posted by Jake Bauer

mugshot.jpg
CLARION TWP., Pa. (EYT) - Clarion-based State Police have apprehended a Pennsylvania teen who is accused of driving a stolen U-Haul van across the United States.

State Police say 19-year-old Marc Angelo Lewandowski, of Lake Ariel, Pa., stole a Ford Transit van owned by U-Haul from a lot near Honesdale, Wayne County, Pa., on May 28.

After stealing the vehicle, Lewandowski allegedly drove it throughout the United States, avoiding apprehension.

On Tuesday around 1:05 p.m., police say he was observed operating the stolen U-Haul van on Interstate 80 eastbound near mile marker 68. Police say he was driving while holding an open Busch Light beer can in his hand.

Police say a felony stop was conducted and Lewandowski was taken into custody on charges related to the stolen vehicle and outstanding criminal warrants in Wayne County.

He was subsequently lodged in the Clarion County Jail.

Authorities say Lewandowski will be extradited to Wayne County.

He also faces DUI charges.

4t7

Reaction score
Lol, that mugshot is awesome.
I always thought uhauls all had tracking devices...wonder how made it so far?

K

Kim Chee

Did he actually steal it or just rent it and not fulfill the agreement by not returning it?

Good job keeping it on the road so long (I suppose that is where the smile came from).

I'll agree with @4t7, nice mugshot...better than any of mine::snaphappy::

Dmac

Reaction score
there was a thread, awhile back, about some peeps going from cali east on 40? in a u-haul. going to rainbow or something. was it this same dude?

Reactions: buffalobill

BadKidNick

Reaction score
http://exploreclarion.com/2015/07/0...try-apprehended-in-clarion-with-beer-in-hand/

One of my friends travelled with him and we partied when they came through.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 @ 01:07 AM
Posted by Jake Bauer

View attachment 23779
CLARION TWP., Pa. (EYT) - Clarion-based State Police have apprehended a Pennsylvania teen who is accused of driving a stolen U-Haul van across the United States.

State Police say 19-year-old Marc Angelo Lewandowski, of Lake Ariel, Pa., stole a Ford Transit van owned by U-Haul from a lot near Honesdale, Wayne County, Pa., on May 28.

After stealing the vehicle, Lewandowski allegedly drove it throughout the United States, avoiding apprehension.

On Tuesday around 1:05 p.m., police say he was observed operating the stolen U-Haul van on Interstate 80 eastbound near mile marker 68. Police say he was driving while holding an open Busch Light beer can in his hand.

Police say a felony stop was conducted and Lewandowski was taken into custody on charges related to the stolen vehicle and outstanding criminal warrants in Wayne County.

He was subsequently lodged in the Clarion County Jail.

Authorities say Lewandowski will be extradited to Wayne County.

He also faces DUI charges.
Omg I'm dead at I thought it was matt

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads