Photos - 'Tales of A Delinquent' comic book | Squat the Planet

Photos 'Tales of A Delinquent' comic book

O

outlawloose

I think Ill start sharing some of my current work I make in my day to day as a travelling graphic artist...

For the last few years I've been making all the graphic material for a wine label back home in Australia, called Delinquente Wine Co. It's all about celebrating the spirit of the delinquent, something I personally believe in as a way of life, as I bet a lot of StP members also associate with.
The focus of the work has always been the wine labels themselves, where I produced a different delinquent character for each wine variety.

static1.squarespace.jpg

Each face-tattoo covered character has this rich backstory I developed and suggest at through the tattoos, as well as through a written back story on the reverse label of the bottle. Below are the three dudes, Weeping Jaun, Brendan the Bullet Dodger, and Pretty Boy.

delinquente+popup-17-1.jpg

Besides just the labels I also make all the other shit for the company. Website (delinquentewineco.com), t-shirts, bandanas, posters, brand collateral (business cards, tasting notes etc), wallpaper ! All that awesome stuff.

The last 3 months I've been writing and illustrating a 24-page comic book, as a form of joint promotional piece for the wine company, as well as myself.

photo.JPG

The comic, titled 'Tales of a Delinquent' follows the heavily-tattooed Brendan the Bullet Dodger, who having just lost his memory in the process of escaping from prison, is now studying his tattoos to relearn about his past life as a corrupt criminal. In short, I've aimed to compare the innocence of the delinquent against the corruption of civilization. Here are a few random pages...

dlq45.jpg
12032396_10102193568734449_1100860484_n.jpg
dlq1819.jpg
12047405_10102193568724469_946739965_n.jpg

The story is pretty autobiographical about my struggle identifying as a no-goodnik delinquent. I hope it comes of as legit and honest, and not trying to be some hipster wine label, selling 'alternative' culture to yuppies. Part of the proceeds of all Delinquente wine sales go towards helping kids at risk in Australia, which I think is amazing.

heedmock IG2.jpg

delinquente+spring+campaign-121-1.jpg

DLQ_Georgia-9.jpg

DLQ_Georgia-2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: dirty andy
O

outlawloose

ALSO... next week Im moving to North Carolina and Im looking for creative folks (graffiti writers, moniker folk, artists, designers, screenprinters) to kick it with! And even a studio space. If anyone has any contacts or leads... Hit me up!! Thnx

O

outlawloose

That art would look really nice on a spacebag carton.

Have they considered adding a boxed wine to the lineup?

I doubt the winemaker would be into boxed wine – derogatorily known in Australia as 'goon' – he's certainly an artist when it comes to winemaking and I think the bottle is his preferred packaging. We have done cartons for selling 12 packs. The printers really fucked up my artwork thou. Oh well!

10408923_853820911340343_1201908968539967386_n-1.jpg

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Just the though of your badass art, decorating spacebag boxes, littered across the catchouts of America makes me grin a big shiteating grin

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads