Taking transits?

cultofsam

the messiah.
Reaction score
Website
thecultofsam.tumblr.com
So I've been stuck in upstate New York for a couple days and I'm trying to figure out the fastest or easiest way out, thought I found a good hop out in Rochester, but then one of my travel partners pussed out. Its hard hitchin with 3 males and 1 girl, so I was thinking about trying to go from transit to transit, I don't know how to work it with county overlap and I don't know the cost. There's no traileways or greyhoinds in the area I'm stuck in (Farmington), but if I can't find another way we may have to ditch a partner, so tips please? :)

juliesunshine

Reaction score
I would start heading to Rochester (you'll probably have to do a little walking before you get to where there are buses, judging by my google maps research :p) and you'll be able to catch a Megabus or Greyhound from there. Where you thinking about heading? Safe travels:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mankini

cultofsam

the messiah.
Reaction score
Website
thecultofsam.tumblr.com
I've heard to megabus is cheap, I've only been on the greyhound once, but we are going west. We have no real final destination. Whatever we like the most I suppose, I only want to take the bus out of new York, (they don't like hitchhikers here). Ive been trying to find a bus station in the finger lakes region, but they all work with different companies so I dont know what I would look up. I've spent a lot of time in upstate NY and never been to the finger lakes, I might check them out a day or two as well.

juliesunshine

Reaction score
I grew up in upstate NY and I've never been to the finger lakes either haha might be worth a pop over! I know you can take Megabus west to Toronto from Rochester, and that's it (besides other eastern places) You'd have more options with Greyhound. The app Wanderu helps me find random bus companies sometimes. As for public transit, I always just use google maps

cultofsam

the messiah.
Reaction score
Website
thecultofsam.tumblr.com
I'll have to try that, I can always find transits on Google maps, but I just looked up bus and it showed me some strange cookies, I swear sometimes it just goes by whether it has the letters b, u, and s in it and there's your bus company. at least I have lots of day left so if I don't like the lakes I can just run with my tail between my legs to Rochester.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
megabus here leaves from a parking lot next to Strong museum downtown - but it doesn't go to too many places. good for NYC, buffalo, syracuse and toronto. Greyhound is also downtown, central ave. - tickets cheaper when purchased in advance though.

Local buses are good for city area - there are some routes that get out to further areas - Hilton, Avon, Webster but the only one gets out toward that way just goes to Perinton/Bushnell Basin. Farmington is a ways out after that (I grew up out in that area - heh - guess I haven't gotten that far away).

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads