Surreal Metal | Squat the Planet

Surreal Metal

Lamentations

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a new style of music: I want to call it "surreal metal." I'm attaching a song I think is compatible that I came up with today; no lyrics yet. Any suggestions on how to be more typical?

Attachments

• mask.m4a
    2 MB · Views: 246

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im... not really seeing the 'metal' in this so far. just my opinion though.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Not to be a dick or anything but to me it just sounds like the level of skill/experience that I'm hearing doesn't quite seem like where it should be to take on a goal of such magnitude (to create a new style of music). Know what I mean? It's like a guy rides freight twice and he wants to reinvent the CCG. I'm no guitar aficionado myself though, so what the fuck do I know. People who have invented amazing ground breaking shit were told they couldn't do it. So, take any negative feedback with a grain of salt. I do think you might want to start with something other than a steel string acoustic though.

• Agree
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Lamentations

Reaction score
It started out as acoustic melodic death metal, but then I decided I wanted to get into surrealism. Also, I have been playing on and off for 10 years and I could theoretically fret and pick as fast as I type, which can be over 200 wpm without typos. Im just trying to develop in a new direction and I havent gotten totally comfortable with it yet.

train in vain

Reaction score
Hmmm. HMMM. How is this surreal or metal? I dont get it. Maybe i should record a metal version of this haha. HMMMM INTENSIFIES

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It started out as acoustic melodic death metal, but then I decided I wanted to get into surrealism. Also, I have been playing on and off for 10 years and I could theoretically fret and pick as fast as I type, which can be over 200 wpm without typos. Im just trying to develop in a new direction and I havent gotten totally comfortable with it yet.

Calling bullshit on "over 200 wpm without errors". The current world record is 212. I highly doubt you're the record setter, or right on their heels.

• Agree
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads