Supplements that help focus??

benton

Reaction score
I'll put my natural focus up against any meth head's any day of the week.

Moderate exercise, plenty of rest and proper nutrition is all that is needed.

Meth is garbage and I don't see how any one can use it and respect themselves.

spoorprint

Reaction score
Huperzine worked for me initially . Its a Chinese herbal bark they use for kids who have focus problems. As time went on it stopped working, I don't know if that's because I got used to it or because the quality of Chinese herbs imported to the U.S. is unreliable. Also, for some reason, it doesn't help with math.

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
2,5-dimethoxy-4-methyl-phenethylamine also called 2C-D, is a fascinating compound which displays effects similar to those mentioned by the original poster. However, this compound is not considered a supplement and is not available as it had been (unjustly) scheduled as a psychedelic analogue, but the effects are fascinating regardless. Below are some excerpts from Darrell lemaire's work with 2C-D

https://erowid.org/chemicals/2cd/2cd_smartpills1.shtml

2CD
* John: Graduate student in chemistry on Ph.D. track.

Having heard of the smart pills from Carl, John wanted to use some for his German studies. He was already auditing some of the first semesters and when he took the fourth semester he used smart pills for pre-exam studies and received an "A" in the course. He got a copy of Carl's short dictionary of German chemical terms and completed his language requirements. John felt that the use of smart pills was of great value in studying for the German and also for the cumulative exams which cover all of the chemistry which the professors feel the student should know. However, after that time, the Chemistry Department decided to plug the loophole and required students to take all four semesters of German.

2CD
* Bea: Degree in music, but not a professional musician.

She fully enjoyed music and toyed around with composing for her own pleasure. One evening while on a smart pill, she wanted to hear a certain song by one of the popular artists. She went over to the large shelf of LPs, and without even looking, pulled out the one she wanted. She started it playing and went over to the piano and played right along with the music. Since she could only play by sight reading sheet music prior to this event she was quite surprised. She played several other pieces by ear that same evening and had no problem playing by ear from then on.

2CD
* Steven: University professor, age 65.

I ingested 10 mg before approaching a new project. At a conference last year an overseas friend and I co-chaired a symposium. It received such positive feedback that she suggested we co-edit a book on the topic. So my project was to write a proposal to send to prospective publishers. The writing was surprisingly fluid. I had innovative ideas that I had not conceptualized previously. I worked on my word processor, and the next day found that I had to do very little editing before sending the book proposal to four publishers, one of whom recently accepted it. Good material for creative thinking and writing.

2CD
* Meg: Medical student.

She felt that the 10 mg regular starting dose was too much for studying, and seemed to act as a intensifier of sexual sensations. While making love on the material she felt wonderfully sexy and had very intense orgasms. One half a tablet (5 mg) was just about right on most occasions for reading and studying. She reported a pleasant, controlled energy and studied because she felt like it and had very good results from the effort. A follow up discussion ten years later disclosed that she felt the use of 2CD had increased the acuity of her hearing and that now ten years later there was no diminishing in that effect. For most of Meg's studies she used 2CD-DiEt, a compound which had fewer distracting components to it for her particular physiology (more on her use of this compound later under its own listing).

PrisMiQue

Reaction score
Huperzine worked for me initially . Its a Chinese herbal bark they use for kids who have focus problems. As time went on it stopped working, I don't know if that's because I got used to it or because the quality of Chinese herbs imported to the U.S. is unreliable. Also, for some reason, it doesn't help with math.

Thanks, maybe next time I’m wandering in LA I’ll check out some Chinese herb shops and ask for this. Thanks!

Reactions: spoorprint

Raggamuffin

Reaction score
Happy to chime in with mushrooms!

Small doses can be used to micro-dose with. 0.1/0.2 of a g and you won't even feel any 'trip' it'll work totally undetected - just a a small mind expansion. An almost unoticable increase in concentration and productivity. A mild clarity. A slightly sharper focus.

If you don't like the taste as many people don't, they can be ground up and added to your favourite food, or even coffee. Having them with any kind of citrus like lemon, cranberry juice or even dark chocolate will help with any neausua, if that's a concern. The effects of the acid helps to convert the psilocybin to psilocin which is what happens in the stomach (causing that sicky feeling).

If you want to pack a concentration punch, you can take them alongside Niacin (B3) and a medicinal mushroom called Lion's Mane (but if you don't forage yourself or grow it, I would imagine it would be expensive to purchase). Similar to weed - find a grower! This is called 'the Stamets stack' after the granddaddy of medicinal mushrooms, Paul Stamets. In Japan, Lion's Mane is being used to treat early onset dementia to help rebuild neurological pathways and strengthen memory. Over here in the UK psilocybin has been used in trials for treatment resistant depression for people having gone through all the pharmaceutical routes available and not found success. After the war on drugs, in comes back the psychedelic renaissance!

Even non-trippy mushrooms contain properties that aid in mental focus plus are a good source of B12 for those non-meat eaters.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

MatiasWoodard

Reaction score
I just stumbled upon this topic and thought I'd share my experience. I've also struggled with focus issues in the past, and have found that incorporating certain supplements and organic food ingredients into my diet has helped. Some of the supplements that have worked for me include ginkgo biloba, omega-3 fatty acids, and Bacopa monnieri. Additionally, I've found that incorporating more whole foods and ingredients like turmeric, ginger, and blueberries has helped with cognitive function. Also, have you tried incorporating powder coconut milk into your diet? It's a great source of healthy fats and can help with focus and mental clarity. Just my two cents, hope it helps!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads