Sup. Need a place? lets organize

Durp

Reaction score
I've been misfortunate enough to have worked in politics for 5 years, so I understand and can navigate bureaucratic bull shit pretty well. Its all in submiting the proper documents, and moving to a place where the nearest "town" has 80 people. There are some hidden gems still in the states. I like maine a lot, but the taxes are much to high for me.

Oh, seanp go fuck yourself for calling me a liar. asshat.

Durp

Reaction score
So I'm going to do a proper write up and thread. I don't have webs on my pc so I might just make a pdf or word doc And update it. Like a virtual auto updating zine. Will def encourage printing and distribution. Should I start a new thread or tack it onto this inquisitive beast? Can anyone recomend any good linux/ ubuntu programs for zine creation? How do I change my handle? can I?

Durp

Reaction score
I only have web on my phone. It is very slow and shitty. I can type stuff up at work or when I'm home and post it as a doc pdf or even just paste into the thread. I'm new to this whole posting on the world weird web thing. I have learned a lot from this community and want to give back. I'm just used to the old school copy machine zine thang.

Reactions: Jaguwar

Kasp

Reaction score
I only have web on my phone. It is very slow and shitty. I can type stuff up at work or when I'm home and post it as a doc pdf or even just paste into the thread. I'm new to this whole posting on the world weird web thing. I have learned a lot from this community and want to give back. I'm just used to the old school copy machine zine thang.

Use Google Docs. Easy to edit and share, also has an app. Take care and good luck with the project.

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
Oh man yah it's a whole other world out there on the interwebs! lol lots of options. First off, a lot of public libraries have computers set up to connect to the Internet for free. That would mage editing relatively easy on the move.

If your phone's Internet is slow you probably need better service. Although...Maybe you're in one of those areas where service is generally spotty? Anyway, it's possible. I'm on my phone right now, and it's a bit if a pain typing for a long time on this, but I'd you PM me tomorrow, I'll see about starting to walk you through some of your options.

Reactions: Durp
D

Deleted member 2626

My unbuilt 1.9 acres. Is 46 a year . still ain't bad I work enough in a year to pay for it. Im humble enough to admit my mother paid for it this year though mmmm. Have fun on the land. Your thread got my gears working for mine. I'm gonna get mean goat

angerisagift

Reaction score
Its in bum fuck no where. I'm holding the fucking tax statement in my hand. Its for the whole parcel for the year. It is zoned to allow rvs full time as well as no restrictions. I build a walled "carport" from rammed earth to park my rig in, and they still can't raise the taxes until I build a house. after I map out the drainage, I may dig massive walapini and park my rig down there. No technical improvement acording to county code, yet still no code or permit violations. I talked to all the folks in the county and have my plans approved.
i just googled it. looks SWEEET!!!!!!! imo. open spaces and sheeeeeeeeit

Durp

Reaction score
Its awsome people seem into this. My partner is going to make a questionaire, and when we make it there and get things rollin we will post up. We want to make sure all parties involved are happy and no one gets srewed. I have gotten quite a bit of intrest already, so some sort of screening process to make sure we are all on the same page and compatible may be in order. Anyone done anything lake that or have any suggestions?

Brent smith

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm pretty inactive cause I've been tramping about. got a rubber tramp rig nailed down and gearing up to head to NE NV in about a year. I some how bought 23 acres? I know its real I'm just surprised I some how manged to become a land holder despite myself. My hard core partner and I will be heading out there next march. we are going to homestead it since its paid for and all. Who wants to come along? We are based out of WA right now not too far from Seattle. This place is out in the middle of nowhere. its sick and beautiful. If you are interested in working hard and helping to homestead hollar at me. Be good to one another.
I would love to come work on your land. It has always been my dream. Please message me to talk more about this opertunnity. Thank you.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads