sup guys

Fuck Hinn

Reaction score
Hey! I'm new here and haven't traveled yet. I'm a senior in High School and plan on heading out after graduation or if I can't wait much longer just dropping out and leaving.

I'm kind of confused though. Is everyone here homeless? Or do you guys have homes when you're not traveling? Where do you stay? Do you have a job, degree?

Thanks!

Reactions: wizehop

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to StP! There's lots of great information here so take a look around and you'll find everything you need to know before hitting the road..

I'm a senior in High School and plan on heading out after graduation or if I can't wait much longer just dropping out and leaving.
This was exactly the situation I was in when I joined StP. I finished school before taking off and advise you do the same. Here are some reasons not to drop out:

1. You've made it this far already. Might as well stick around for a few more months.
2. At some point in your life you may find having a high school diploma to be a useful thing.
3. Summer is the perfect time to hit the road.

Is everyone here homeless?
I think everyone here would answer this differently. Some people don't have a house or apartment but consider the road their home. I've heard the term "houseless" thrown around a few times.

Or do you guys have homes when you're not traveling?
I've been traveling on and off for the past year or so. When I'm not traveling, I'm in Seattle crashing at my dad's apartment.

Do you have a job, degree?
I usually have a job when I'm housed up in Seattle. It gives me something to do and helps me save up money for new adventures.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Reactions: OstrichJockey

urchin

Reaction score
I speak as someone who took an underage girl I met on the road under my care who had become a sister to me.

Things will be a lot easier if you get your degree first. That was you can have an easier time getting a job and later, if your wish, you can go to a college or tech school if you wish.

Travel in the winter can be harsh and unless you HAVE to leave home (like the girl) I would recommend you stay put until you graduate. Your future will thank you.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads