Suicidal ideation

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
I have extreme depression, i dont know how to handle it sometimes...
i even cut up my arms and legs with a razor
but yea... just sort of fucked up in the mind
the best thing to do is not think about it
or to get in a relationship or strong friendship
never be alone
if you arent alone you wont feel alone
hope this helped
dont kill yourselfs XD
::hungover::::hungover::::hungover::::hungover::

I disagree, I think it's important to work through your problems instead of trying to escape them.
If it's all you can do to stay alive then by all means, run for your fucking life, but it's better to stand and fight off your demons then to try and pretend they don't exist.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
<3

sporehead

Reaction score
The best most beneficial and compassionate thing you can do in life is to encounter yourself. No matter how hard things are you must know that they will pass. Life has ups and Downs, oftentimes inlong runs.

If you have love for yourself, and any inkling of something better hold onto it.

You are loved. You are fine the way you are. You are flawed like everyone but it will pass. You can't be perfect and that's what makes you human. A tangible, complex but COMPLETE being.

Never stop living, and loving. When things pass you will know that it was all to teach you about yourself. No matter what happens, the only one you will ever have is yourself. When you have that and accept it without judgement or doubt or incrimination you have everything. It's a long road but my God is it worth it.

Reactions: Odin

MishMish

Reaction score
"in my case I was somewhat held in "bondage" by the psychiatric system"

please tell me more about this. this is something that personally enrages me. im finally old to have a choice, so i dont have to go to that fucking shit anymore. but i know allot of people who arent, and people who are old enough, but are forced into it by family etc...

how does the system work where you live? do you have the choice to not go to psychiatrists? i know its a longshot, but all the info i can get is something i might need. the way kids are forced to these things is terrible, and its mentally damaging.

im not saying that all psychiatrists etc... are bad, but in some cases they just make mental conditions even worse.

O man...I could write you a book!

Yeah...I mean...I know its different/better Out West, in New England, in Europe, but in FL the "Baker Act" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Mental_Health_Act, I feel, is subject to extreme misuse and is used, in my experience, as a sometimes punitive measure to replace actual arrests or as a means to deal with homelessness (in which case it is misused by the homeless as well...bc it gaurantees several days of meals and showers).

I know some people are helped by medication/hospitalizations, but for me I feel it has been used as a tool of manipulation and control. It has been lorded over my head as a threat by family/authorities/etc. Also while in facilities I have been detained for needless periods of time and have had to go to "mental health court" to have myself released, because I firmly believe I was being held in violation of my rights and freedoms. For example, it is a right to refuse medication while in a facility, I have exercised this right because many meds have an adverse effect on my system, and have had doctors actually threaten and coerce me with the prospect of state hospitalization if I make efforts towards self determination in my own treatment. I've had a doctor tell me that state hospitals are almost impossible to get into, then after a week of staunchly refusing excess meds he told me that I would end up in one if I didn't comply. I told him I knew I had a kidney infection and the drugs are rough on kidneys and liver and I had been asking a nurse to test me for days and she refused. He, flustered, ordered a test that moment and demanded I leave his office.

I seriously fantasized about shanking his ass...I felt hopeless, and they wouldn't let me go...I figured prison might be preferable. I had even compared the place to jail before a staff member and she remarked: " this ain't jail, this is hell!" (pronouncing it southern style like "hail"). I watched staff almost take joy in restraining and injecting folks. I watched how patients would be roused from a med induced dead sleep to sign important documents determining their care- often too bewildered to even wake. In my court documents the doctors wrote nonsense about me, that I was delusional, psychotic, grandiose etc- but I wasn't, I mean I was in fight or flight mode for sure and in need of showers/meals/rest, but if I was psychotic/out of touch how was it that I was aware and took notes of the exact times, to the minute, according to staff wrist watches when I was held down, injected? The place was run by lawyers and business people as far as I could see...psychiatry is industry and to me an outcropping of the prison industrial complex.

I was held in that a facility for 15 days, I went to court twice in order to be released, during that time I was forcibly injected daily for 5 days- because the sadistic nurse and idiotic staff had it in for me, I begged them to stop every time, I begged them to rotate the injection site- they refused each time and I developed a wound/bleeding in the site, I filed a complaint with the DCF while interred there, I did everything in my meager power to try to stop them...Once I even held a bible and begged them to stop, lol....The reason I was hospitalized was bc the guy I was living with in the woods and I had a fight, we were both threatening to hurt the other, then he called the police and told them I was "suicidal" when I wasn't. Once the police make a "mental health" assessment the process is done. I would have rather been arrested- I even told the cops I had violated probation, they didn't care- off to the hospital.

In FL it is used as a punitive measure to be sure.... When I first got arrested last year, I said the wrong thing to the wrong nurse about suicide- it was a simple y/n question, but I was exhausted and existential and I rambled on w/o realizing, I don't even know what I had said...Next thing I knew two lady officers were aggressively dragging me into a dungeon of a med ward and stripped off my clothes. I asked them why and they said I was "suicidal!" I was shocked...they gave me a bulky horse blanket "turtle shell" as they say and stuck me in a cell surrounded by dudes banging on plexiglass, screaming, jacking off etc...and the lights stayed on 24 hours so rest was impossible...I hadn't been suicidal until that happened! Shiiiit....

I did naked yoga to protest...it was all I had :p The next day I was moved into a smaller cell with two other females in turtle suits and another nurse came and said since I seemed well behaved now I would be allowed to have my "clothes" back and could proceed to general population....yippeee....

Anyways, according to the Baker Act one is only supposed to be held for 72 hours, but the docs usually force people to stay longer to become "stable" (those drugs take 3 weeks to take full effect, so really keeping someone 6, 9, 12 days etc boils down to more $$$ depending on one's insurance) then one is told that they will need to be medicated for the duration of their lifetime, which is not always the case, and some of the drugs cost $600-$1200 a month...tack on a hospital bill up to $20-30k... They also have all sorts of regular docs check you out too so everyone gets their cut, basically. Then, in my case, I had a platoon of relatives and psych staff folks constantly minding me that I stay medicated- though I plead that the meds were killing my soul, leaving me drooling for half a day...I wasn't myself, but at that time I felt so limited, hopeless and rundown...and I was in Orlando, a place I HATE... that I couldn't escape until months later...It just became such a mindfuck, it was no kind of life for me. I tried to overdose on my pills, but failed.

Once I was inside watching a TV ad for a lawsuit against the very drug I was being made to take lol.

But yeah, in most of the facilities I had been in all we did was eat, watch tv, eat more, take meds for days on end maybe play cards...miserable...a waste of existence, rarely was there "group therapy" or talk therapy depending on the facility. And we would get to go "outside" a couple of times a day if lucky...but if you play along you wont stay too long, my problem is that I argue with docs endlessly, "perverts with degrees," I call them. I once told a doc that I really didn't think they had a clue about what they were dealing with in psychiatry and they agreed.

There are alternatives...in some places...I believe we need alternatives...I am now vehemently anti-psychiatry and see it as an outcropping of nazism...:p
There are groups like Mind Freedom International etc which are determined to fight human rights abuses in psychiatry...but FL is just so behind...they just want us locked down and doped up and quiet bazically.

Whoa...I wrote alot...guess I needed to vent!!! Thanx!

T

Tick Dickler

O man...I could write you a book!

Yeah...I mean...I know its different/better Out West, in New England, in Europe, but in FL the "Baker Act" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Mental_Health_Act, I feel, is subject to extreme misuse and is used, in my experience, as a sometimes punitive measure to replace actual arrests or as a means to deal with homelessness (in which case it is misused by the homeless as well...bc it gaurantees several days of meals and showers).

I know some people are helped by medication/hospitalizations, but for me I feel it has been used as a tool of manipulation and control. It has been lorded over my head as a threat by family/authorities/etc. Also while in facilities I have been detained for needless periods of time and have had to go to "mental health court" to have myself released, because I firmly believe I was being held in violation of my rights and freedoms. For example, it is a right to refuse medication while in a facility, I have exercised this right because many meds have an adverse effect on my system, and have had doctors actually threaten and coerce me with the prospect of state hospitalization if I make efforts towards self determination in my own treatment. I've had a doctor tell me that state hospitals are almost impossible to get into, then after a week of staunchly refusing excess meds he told me that I would end up in one if I didn't comply. I told him I knew I had a kidney infection and the drugs are rough on kidneys and liver and I had been asking a nurse to test me for days and she refused. He, flustered, ordered a test that moment and demanded I leave his office.

I seriously fantasized about shanking his ass...I felt hopeless, and they wouldn't let me go...I figured prison might be preferable. I had even compared the place to jail before a staff member and she remarked: " this ain't jail, this is hell!" (pronouncing it southern style like "hail"). I watched staff almost take joy in restraining and injecting folks. I watched how patients would be roused from a med induced dead sleep to sign important documents determining their care- often too bewildered to even wake. In my court documents the doctors wrote nonsense about me, that I was delusional, psychotic, grandiose etc- but I wasn't, I mean I was in fight or flight mode for sure and in need of showers/meals/rest, but if I was psychotic/out of touch how was it that I was aware and took notes of the exact times, to the minute, according to staff wrist watches when I was held down, injected? The place was run by lawyers and business people as far as I could see...psychiatry is industry and to me an outcropping of the prison industrial complex.

I was held in that a facility for 15 days, I went to court twice in order to be released, during that time I was forcibly injected daily for 5 days- because the sadistic nurse and idiotic staff had it in for me, I begged them to stop every time, I begged them to rotate the injection site- they refused each time and I developed a wound/bleeding in the site, I filed a complaint with the DCF while interred there, I did everything in my meager power to try to stop them...Once I even held a bible and begged them to stop, lol....The reason I was hospitalized was bc the guy I was living with in the woods and I had a fight, we were both threatening to hurt the other, then he called the police and told them I was "suicidal" when I wasn't. Once the police make a "mental health" assessment the process is done. I would have rather been arrested- I even told the cops I had violated probation, they didn't care- off to the hospital.

In FL it is used as a punitive measure to be sure.... When I first got arrested last year, I said the wrong thing to the wrong nurse about suicide- it was a simple y/n question, but I was exhausted and existential and I rambled on w/o realizing, I don't even know what I had said...Next thing I knew two lady officers were aggressively dragging me into a dungeon of a med ward and stripped off my clothes. I asked them why and they said I was "suicidal!" I was shocked...they gave me a bulky horse blanket "turtle shell" as they say and stuck me in a cell surrounded by dudes banging on plexiglass, screaming, jacking off etc...and the lights stayed on 24 hours so rest was impossible...I hadn't been suicidal until that happened! Shiiiit....

I did naked yoga to protest...it was all I had :p The next day I was moved into a smaller cell with two other females in turtle suits and another nurse came and said since I seemed well behaved now I would be allowed to have my "clothes" back and could proceed to general population....yippeee....

Anyways, according to the Baker Act one is only supposed to be held for 72 hours, but the docs usually force people to stay longer to become "stable" (those drugs take 3 weeks to take full effect, so really keeping someone 6, 9, 12 days etc boils down to more $$$ depending on one's insurance) then one is told that they will need to be medicated for the duration of their lifetime, which is not always the case, and some of the drugs cost $600-$1200 a month...tack on a hospital bill up to $20-30k... They also have all sorts of regular docs check you out too so everyone gets their cut, basically. Then, in my case, I had a platoon of relatives and psych staff folks constantly minding me that I stay medicated- though I plead that the meds were killing my soul, leaving me drooling for half a day...I wasn't myself, but at that time I felt so limited, hopeless and rundown...and I was in Orlando, a place I HATE... that I couldn't escape until months later...It just became such a mindfuck, it was no kind of life for me. I tried to overdose on my pills, but failed.

Once I was inside watching a TV ad for a lawsuit against the very drug I was being made to take lol.

But yeah, in most of the facilities I had been in all we did was eat, watch tv, eat more, take meds for days on end maybe play cards...miserable...a waste of existence, rarely was there "group therapy" or talk therapy depending on the facility. And we would get to go "outside" a couple of times a day if lucky...but if you play along you wont stay too long, my problem is that I argue with docs endlessly, "perverts with degrees," I call them. I once told a doc that I really didn't think they had a clue about what they were dealing with in psychiatry and they agreed.

There are alternatives...in some places...I believe we need alternatives...I am now vehemently anti-psychiatry and see it as an outcropping of nazism...:p
There are groups like Mind Freedom International etc which are determined to fight human rights abuses in psychiatry...but FL is just so behind...they just want us locked down and doped up and quiet bazically.

Whoa...I wrote alot...guess I needed to vent!!! Thanx!

oh man... how old were you? this all sounds so horrific but at the same time it sounds so familiar.

i get fucking upset just thinking about the hopeless feeling of being held down, not being able to do your shit. freedom is extremely important to me, i guess thats why i´m so fixated with traveling all the time. all these fucking kids on drugs what the fuck is wrong with humanity? if only the public could spend five mins with a drugged down kid...

i literally clenched my fists and grinded my teeth reading your post. i believe the reason these people do this is because of an subconscious obsession of being in control. Control of other humans, a feeling of dominance.

do they not realize that people give up and wont follow your orders because their sick and tired of you?

i made as much trouble for everyone as i possibly could in order to avoid taking drugs. eventually everyone got so sick of my shit that they gave up. i´m sorry that dint work for you.

i ended up just ignoring everything and every one because no matter what i did it didnt help. so off course these amatures assumed i was suicidal and had given up on life.

i have a mild case of tourettes sydrome. thats it. its more or less completely gone now, and iv´e never had anything else. i am diagnosed with: asperger syndrome, ocd, adhd, severe depression (apparently because i pay attention in class and didnt have any friends), add, anxiety disorder (what? i dont even close the bathroom door when i take a piss), and whatever else you could think of. i recently had a psychiatrist (who had never met me/ seen my record) tell me i didnt have any sort of mental dissorder.

since when does a 4yr old have adhd just because he cant sit still on chair 5 hours a day? that seems pretty normal to me.
it seems today that being different qualifies as a mental disorder.

i feel so sorry for you and hope youre doing better now.

im planning on getting super rich when i grow up (haha just you wait) in order to obtain the power i need to fight this retarded system
being suicidal seems so like such an alien state to be in and i hope it never happens to me.

anyways i say this allot but you sound like me. good luck.:D

MishMish

Reaction score
Yeah its nuts...

Well, I got them back when I could. I flooded the shower room in one facility and got 6 offices wet, touched their hair and butts when they came to drag me out...in another facility I made tools and started dismantling toilet/sink/plumbing to the best of my ability and climbed up on the book cases annoying the staff etc...

Hey, forget being super rich to change things, we just gotta be super informed and super connected, with enough people aware as possible. All these practices come down to ignorance, I believe, ignorance and distraction-

people are too busy with bull shit to pay attention to what is important, like their kids, like the world around them...everyone wants a quick fix, an easy way...

Thanks for your response!!!

Reactions: Odin
T

Tick Dickler

Yeah its nuts...

Well, I got them back when I could. I flooded the shower room in one facility and got 6 offices wet, touched their hair and butts when they came to drag me out...in another facility I made tools and started dismantling toilet/sink/plumbing to the best of my ability and climbed up on the book cases annoying the staff etc...

Hey, forget being super rich to change things, we just gotta be super informed and super connected, with enough people aware as possible. All these practices come down to ignorance, I believe, ignorance and distraction-

people are too busy with bull shit to pay attention to what is important, like their kids, like the world around them...everyone wants a quick fix, an easy way...

Thanks for your response!!!

my dream is truly to be able to change stuff like this. and the responses are always the fucking same;
not gonna happen.
or
in your dreams
or my favourite,
that only happens to 1 in a million.

bitch how are you supposed to change the world if you don´t even try?
one of the biggest problems with people today, is that the just sorta accept the problems. i quit school because i want to travel the world. people keep telling me that "youre not special, you cant just do as you please. everyone wants to do their thing, but youre not an exception".
so what? youre just gonna accept this shitty situation? things arent gonna be what you want them to because you don´t even fucking try!

theres also this thing with people trying to bring others down, because theyre miserable. like all these people who want to ban weed. what? other people cant have fun just because you dont?
ive never smoked weed, but i dont see the problem? people are just having fun, it doesnt hurt anybody.

huh, it does feel kinda good to get this shit out.

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
When referring to the death of Hunter S. Thompson, Ralph Steadman said Hunter once told him he would feel very trapped if he didn't have the option of taking his own life.

This is EXACTLY how I feel.

I don't see living to be really old as something to look forward to. I'm sure almost no one does. From my observation, you never just "die of natural causes" this day in age and almost always live the last years in pain due to a disease or physical disablility. Whenever I see someone really old in public or think of my own grandfather during his last years, this is clear to me.

I took care of him full-time and watched a hard-ass Korean War veteran be stripped of everything enjoyable and worth living for due to all sorts of medical problems. He ate pre-packaged food, watched TV, and smoked cigarettes while he had his oxygen machine running into his nose, which could have blown the house up and us included. He didn't care, and I didn't blame him. But that was the only thing that gave him some damn sanity was having a smoke. Those three things pretty much were his life. The tiny room in our boring townhouse. He couldn't go anywhere or do anything. But we loved him so much. My mother and I not only took care of him, but we did whatever we could to make his day a positive one in many little ways, and we had a lot of fun.

So ultimately, I think what it boils down to in life is love. I can say for sure that love is what keeps me alive and probably the only thing.

That is my coping method. Without it, I would have blown my brains out with the shotgun in my closet a long time ago.

--

If that isn't enough, and for reasons that are your own personal business you are still thinking about killing yourself, you should educate yourself on the consequences and also how to do it properly and efficiently. This is not an encouragement by any means. The link below is the most informing website I've ever been on when I was contemplating suicide, and it helped me out tremendously.

http://www.lostallhope.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Multifaceted

Mudfinger

Reaction score
I've been living with clinical depression for 30 years now. PTSD, too.

After a couple decades of "successful" self-medication with a wide variety of intoxicants, I turned to psychotherapy, which helped keep me alive for another decade. Last year, I got to the point that it was either time to off myself or get psychiatric care. Obviously, I chose the latter, and to my complete surprise, encountered some very caring and compassionate doctors and nurses who were passionate about ensuring that I got the care I needed.

Turns out, I had a neurological issue in addition to the mood disorders. Partially collapsed blood vessel was restricting Oxygen flow to my brain, resulting in some VERY strange behavior and experiences. Blackouts, hallucinations, impaired impulse control, etc.

Surgery sorted all that out, and I'm feeling better than I have in many years. Still have the mood disorders, and I still ideate, but the intensity is once again manageable.

Moral of the story is: If you're feeling suicidal, reach out to the professionals, and give them a solid chance to help get you sorted out. Psych meds aren't going to fry your brain in tue course of a few months, and may really be helpful for some folks. You can always stop taking them if you don't like what they do.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads